We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 17 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew. Join our team and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
Working for Princess Cruises is ideal if you are looking to take your career to the next level and enjoy a challenging and unique environment. As a Sous Chef, you will supervise the assigned galley team in producing and delivering the best possible culinary experience at sea.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Supervises product delivery in assigned Galley section, ensuring consistency by always requiring adherence to recipes, adequate production quantities, correct execution methods, and picture presentation as the minimum standard.
- Continually ensures proper product execution in assigned section through control of mise en place during preparation and frequent tasting.
- Always drives consistency by focusing on recipe accuracy, adequate production quantities, correct execution methods, and presentation of dishes through completion of the cruise.
- Successfully supervises production schedule and Galley manning by section, coordinating with appropriate Sous Chefs and department heads; always rearranges working and production schedules to reflect fluctuations in guest demand.
- Always actively contributes to the formulation and implementation of Food and Beverage improvement strategies as directed by the Executive Chef / Food and Beverage Director.
- Possess a formal qualification in culinary arts from a recognized culinary training institution.
- Minimum of six years of experience in large volume hotel or food service operations preferably with cruise ship experience of which at least two years of experience was as Chef de Partie or equivalent rank.
- Must be able to adjust production methods / production as necessary to maximize cost effectiveness.
- Must be able to train a multicultural staff.
- Ability to manage a large volume production schedule and team.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and job related computer software.
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool and a recreation center.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.