The 1st Officer is a Licensed Bridge watch keeper (Officer On Watch or OOW) who when on duty represents the Master for all navigational and watch keeping issues.
- Reporting to Master and Staff Captain;
- Keeping watch on the Bridge for the safe conduction of ship operations;
- Attending landing and departure maneuvering;
- Ensuring that all navigational equipments are in proper working condition;
- Being responsible for the voyage planning and nautical charts;
- Updating Official Log Books and Registers;
- Cooperating with the Staff Captain for technical inspection;
- Participating in safety drills and assisting the Safety Officer in Crew training, maintenance and check of safety equipment;
- Attending tender service when required by the itinerary;
- Mentoring and developing the education of Junior Officers and Ratings.
- Diploma from an accredited maritime training school or facility;
- Certificate of Competency IMO II/2 plus all required STCW certificates;
- At least 12 months experience as 1st OOW;
- Experience as OOW on Cruise Vessels is an advantage;
- Good written, spoken and technical English;
- Computer literacy;
- Being committed to Safety;
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for others.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Costa Cruises is a leading Italian cruise line providing Italian style holidays for couples and families.
If you recognise yourself in the values that characterize the “Costa style”, if you left school with top grades or graduated with honours, if you think you can work well in a dynamic organization and you fluently speak a foreign language, send us your curriculum.