Head of Food and Beverage
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is a well-established brand operating within one of the most competitive parts of the travel industry. With high brand awareness and a clearly differentiated product this friendly, family-managed business has an established and respected position within the industry based on excellent service and rewarding guest experiences.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our busy Hotel Operations department as Head of Food and Beverage. Reporting to the Hotel Operations Director, you will be responsible for fleet wide food and beverage operations whilst maintaining operating costs in line with set budgets and on board revenues in line or in excess of set targets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Driving continuous improvements in both people and product delivery
- Acting as the motivational and inspirational leader of the largest department within Hotel Operations including the Galley, Bar and Restaurant operations
- Supporting on board teams ensuring they have the necessary resources to deliver the Guest experience.
- Identifying any operational issues and addressing accordingly
- Leading and directing any training initiatives and other projects
- Establishing and monitoring performance targets
Previous experience working within a customer service/hotel operations background as well as a Diploma in Food & Beverage or Culinary Management is essential as well as previous experience leading a cruise line galley operation.
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Fidelio and MMS
- Strong leadership at all levels
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
This is a full time role and flexibility will be required as there will be occasional travelling. A full driving licence is also essential.
Fred. Olsen offers a competitive package including pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, critical illness cover, discounted holidays and concessionary cruises.
The recruiter advertising this job can accept applicants only from United Kingdom and Ireland for this position.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (185)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (32)
- Child Care Jobs (28)
- Deck Jobs (94)
- Engine Jobs (110)
- Entertainment Jobs (132)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (776)
- Guest Services Jobs (106)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (127)
- Management Jobs (77)
- Medical Jobs (27)
- Office Jobs (70)
- Photography Jobs (16)
- Retail Jobs (37)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (23)
- Other Jobs (10)