Location: At Sea
Hours: 4 months on and 2 months off for the first year and 3 months on and 2 off thereafter.
Further Details: 3R Global are currently looking for highly motivated, experienced and passionate Second Engineer’s. It is a great opportunity to join one of the most well-renowned companies in the cruise industry.
What you will be doing:
- As Second Engineer you will be reporting to Chief Engineer to Staff Engineer
- You will be keeping watch on the Engine Room for the safe conduction of ship operations
- As Second Engineer you will be attending landing and departure maneuvering
- You will be ensuring that all technical equipments are in proper working condition
- As Second Engineer you will be updating Official Log Books and Registers
- You will be verifying, updating and planning the maintenance of machineries and plants
- As Second Engineer you will be supporting the maintenance and the repairing of the main and auxiliary engines and their belonging systems and equipment
- You will be managing the requisition chain and verifying inventory and quantity in stock
- As Second Engineer you will be mentoring and developing the education of Junior Engineers and Ratings.
What you’ll need:
- Diploma from an accredited maritime training school or facility;
- Certificate of Competency IMO III/2 plus all required STCW certificates;
- At least 12 months experience as OOW holding IMO III/2;
- Experience as OOW on Cruise Vessels is an advantage;
- Good written, spoken and technical English;
- Computer literacy;
- Being committed to Safety;
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for others.
- Accommodation, cabin with shower, TV and telephone
- Work-related insurance including: health, pension and nursing care
- Employee bonuses ( Employee of the Month or Longstanding Crew Members)
- Free Medical Care
- Sauna and Sundeck with whirlpool for crew
- Discounts on products and beauty treatments.
- Preferential Travel terms for employee’s family members and friends.
For more information and/or to apply for the role please contact Jess Osborne on 02380 003330 or hidden link - please login.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (152)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (42)
- Child Care Jobs (32)
- Deck Jobs (94)
- Engine Jobs (181)
- Entertainment Jobs (157)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (677)
- Guest Services Jobs (88)
- IT Jobs (13)
- Land Based Jobs (103)
- Management Jobs (48)
- Medical Jobs (27)
- Office Jobs (61)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (40)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (47)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (21)
- Other Jobs (25)