At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful, and personal.
We are currently actively seeking passionate, professional "Waiter/ess'" to join our luxury fleet. A "Waiter/ess" plays an integral part in the overall guest satisfaction and experience provided by the set company standards. Please see specific requirements below:
- Must have good knowledge of Japanese cuisine.
- At least 1-2 years experience working as a Waiter/ess or Chef de Rang in a 4/5* hotel, Rosette-awarded or Michelin starred restaurant, or onboard a cruise ship.
- Fluent English and Japanese speaking, reading & writing.
- Requires knowledge of all aspects of good quality restaurant service.
- Great attitude, willingness to learn and good presentation.
- Must be able and willing to meet Seabourn's highly reputable standards of services, including learning guests names.
- Have customer service at the heart of everything you do.
- Able to work well under pressure and handle multiple situations at the same time.
- Willing to commit to a 4 month contract at sea, working 7 days per week.
Seabourn offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, meals, paid travel to and from the ships, exceptional amenities, and extensivelearning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Seabourn family. Seabourn Cruises is an equal opportunityemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) policies without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, Japanese
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!