At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful, and personal. Seabourn is looking for experienced hospitality professionals that are looking to develop themselves, and take their career to the next level.
We are currently actively seeking experienced "Sommeliers" to join our luxury fleet. The role of the "Sommelier" is to take overall responsibility of the wine program onboard as well as the operational management of the service in The Restaurant with a capacity of 450 guests. They will also oversee the inventory management; menu selection rotations and ordering of selections from our complementary Wine Program and Premium Wine Lists. They are also responsible for the selections and updates of all recommendations for each outlet and their menus. Please see specific requirements below:
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
- Sommelier diploma or certificate or equivalent diploma from a recognized Wine School.
- Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses, seminars, tasting and proof of visits to wineries and wine growing regions.
- Minimum certified Sommelier qualification from the Court of Master Sommeliers and or level 3 WSET/CAPS or AIS.
- One year of working experience as a supervisor in a dining room environment.
- Knowledge of public health and sanitation regulations and procedures.
- Thorough practical knowledge of classical wine and beverage service.
- To be knowledgeable of the USPH and other international Public Health rules and regulations by participating in the company's Basic Food Hygiene course every 2 years and achieving a minimum of 80% pass.
- Working knowledge of wine lists that cover all countries of Old and New World wines and spirits represented in our beverage program.
- Should have the ability to train and coach all team members.
Seabourn offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, meals, paid travel to and from the ships, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Seabourn family. Seabourn Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) policies without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!