Storekeeper / The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
JOB TITLE: Storekeeper
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: None
APPROVED BY: Senior Director Marine Operations
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Storekeeper operates as the single point of contact for all Nautical and Technical spares procurement, receiving, accounting and stock control onboard. The Storekeeper is responsible for ensuring Nautical and Technical stores are well organized, accurately accounted, maintained with minimum stocks and promotes all Go Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties orresponsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Responsible for all stores and supplies for Nautical and Technical departments onboard
- Sets up and maintains organized stores with an accurate accounting system, continuously updates details related to spares, materials and consumables, ensuring justifiable levels of spares, consumables and critical items (including PPE) are adequately maintained
- Is responsible for the management of stock transactions within the newbuild guarantee process
- Supports newbuild operations; set up the planned maintenance and Marine Operations store database, set up the requisition system, and includes work in the shipyard as appropriate
- Ensures requisitions and purchase orders are appropriately processed
- Ensures store receivables are properly processed, paperwork filed, Planned Maintenance System updated, and goods are secure, properly labeled and accounted for
- Performs regular inventory audits
- Ensures daily meetings with the Chief Engineer regarding spare parts and consumable planning
- Ensures onboard retention and filing for the latest versions of mechanical equipment service & safety bulletins and spare part catalogues
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Three (3) years previous experience as cruise vessel Fitter, Mechanic or Storekeeper, previous shipbuilding experience preferred
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Exemplary attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Strong competence in planned maintenance and administration of stores software
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (121)
- Beauty Jobs (60)
- Casino Jobs (50)
- Child Care Jobs (25)
- Deck Jobs (94)
- Engine Jobs (141)
- Entertainment Jobs (170)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (495)
- Guest Services Jobs (78)
- IT Jobs (7)
- Land Based Jobs (77)
- Management Jobs (34)
- Medical Jobs (27)
- Office Jobs (63)
- Photography Jobs (23)
- Retail Jobs (37)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (28)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (29)
- Other Jobs (23)