Chief Electro-Technical Officer / SAGA cruises
We are currently recruiting for experienced CHIEF ELECTRO-TECHNICAL OFFICER for SAGA cruises
Embarkation is on 02/March/2020.
Salary in USD/per month worked on board.
Contract 3 months +/-1
Required: experience as such, all valid STCW Certificates including ETO ( STCW Reg.III/6 ), HV Certificate, good references/recommendations
Licence / Qualification requirements;
Required - Recognised National Electrical Certificate
Line Manager; Chief Engineer
Direct Reports; 1st Electrician, 2nd Electrician, Electrical Assistants
- The management of the electrical sub-department.
- The safe and efficient repair, maintenance, testing and operation of all electrical and electronic equipment onboard (with the exception of those under the control of the System Manager/IT Manager).
- The day to day discipline and control of electrical staff.
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Assist Staff Chief Engineer with Technical Department Responsibility 2 - Main Propulsion Machinery
Responsible to the Staff Engineer for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the main propulsion machinery and associated machinery and equipment.
- They will manage the vessel's electrical system to provide a safe and reliable operation, and maintain the vessel's electrical installations in accordance with the Classification Society and Flag State requirements.
- Supervise the performance of electrical contractors and subcontractors.
- Co-ordinate stores and spare gear inventory levels, requisition and costs for electrical equipment.
- Inspect, on a frequent basis, all spaces containing electrical equipment to ensure high standards of workmanship are monitored.
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Coach and train Junior Officers.
- Prepare appraisals for 'Direct Reports' in accordance with V.Ships policy.
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (105)
- Beauty Jobs (59)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (91)
- Engine Jobs (149)
- Entertainment Jobs (186)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (478)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (68)
- Management Jobs (36)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (62)
- Photography Jobs (27)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (24)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Other Jobs (27)