Second Engineer / The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
JOB TITLE: Second Engineer
REPORTS TO: Assistant Chief Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: Motorman
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Second Engineer is the Engineer Watch Officer assigned to one assigned to one (1) of three (3) shift patterns. On watch duty, the Second Engineer is responsible for the safe operation and routine maintenance of all technical interests onboard, ensuring strict compliance with Environmental, Safety, Public Health and Security standards. The Second Engineer maintains close communication and interaction with the Bridge watch and is responsible for initiating emergency response actions when necessary. This position promotes and enlivens the Gold Standards and Brand Culture and ensures the team does as well, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Serves as Engineer in charge of the watch with additional tasks as deemed necessary by First Engineer Responsible for ensuring technical operations are conducted to the highest standards of Environmental, Safety, Public Health and Security compliance. The Second Engineer organizes work tasks for all technical personnel under his/her watch and is responsible to ensure that safe working practices are maintained
03. Maintains close communication and co-operation with the Bridge watch team and monitors or adjusts all vital parameters and settings to obtain/maintain a safe and economical sailing. In emergency situations, the Second Engineer on watch is responsible for initiating first response actions, and maintaining propulsion and engine plant integrity
04. Holds daily meetings with Assistant Chief Engineer experiences of our guests or Ladies and Gentlemen are not compromised
05. Ensures maintenance and repair information is updated in the Planned Maintenance System and over-sees scheduling, supervision and completion of all maintenance and repairs
06. Initiates requisitions of supplies, spare parts and consumables associated with the watch shift and spheres of responsibility, to ensure critical spares are always at hand while maintaining close control of operational budgets
07. Ensures bunkering of fuel, lubricating oil, water and processing of waste water and bilges is done in strict accordance with company, national and international standards
08. Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the Second Engineer will be assigned to the Technical department Responsibilities listed; Generators, Boilers and Steam Plant, Oily Water Separators, Separators & Purifiers, Compressors, Evaporators, Water Chlorination Systems, Engine Room Watchkeeping and Logbooks, as well as maintenance of stabilizers, waste system, machinery space pumps, filters & heat exchangers, greasing routines and oil sampling
09. Supports newbuild operations to include work in the shipyard as appropriate
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors
progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (
02. STCW Second Engineer License (
03. Certificate of completion Diesel Electric Propulsion
04. Three (3) years previous experience preferred as cruise vessel Senior Watchkeeping Engineer, previous shipbuilding experience preferred
05. Excellent command of the English Language
06. Exceptional knowledge of modern luxury shipboard equipment, systems, and operations
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (22)
- Galley Jobs (72)
- Restaurant Jobs (31)
- Beverages Jobs (14)
- Provisions Jobs (2)
- Deck Jobs (18)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (13)
- Guest Services Jobs (15)
- Retail Jobs (16)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (35)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (15)
- Photography Jobs (4)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (16)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (1)
- Casino Jobs (2)
- IT Jobs (0)
- Management Jobs (1)
- Administration Jobs (13)
- Land Based Jobs (5)
- Other Cruise Jobs (10)
- Private Estate Jobs (9)