Security Officer / The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
JOB TITLE: Security Officer
REPORTS TO: Chief Officer
DIRECT REPORTS: Senior Security Guard
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
As the Chief Officer's deputy in all security related matters and the head of the Security Department, the Security
Officer ensures the safety of the yacht, employees and guests by implementing and enforcing the yacht's security
policies and ensuring ISPS standards are maintained at all times. The Security Officer is assisted in his / her duties by a team of Security Guards and the Security Team controls and supervises all access points to the yacht. The Security Officer acts as liaison with shore Port Facility Security Officers and other governmental officials, manages the Declaration of Security process and ensures adequate screening of all personnel, luggage, provisions and stores prior to coming onboard the yacht. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Assists the Chief Officer in all SSO duties, including DOS, ISPS compliance, maintaining visitor logs, visitor
requests, key control, restricted area control, establishing security rounds etc.
02. Ensures the utmost security of our guests and Ladies and Gentlemen, the Security Officer will conduct port
security assessments when required
03. Supervises all cabin and suite searches and assists with investigations and reports, as directed by the
04. Ensures all security equipment is maintained to the highest standards and operates as designed. She/he will
ensure planned maintenance assigned to the security department is properly conducted and reported
05. Arrange and co-ordinate security related training for employees and performs security briefings for new
06. Responsible for the below Deck Department Responsibilities as defined in the Company's Safety
Management System; Key Systems and Safes, Security and Discipline
07. Supports newbuild operations to include work in the shipyard as appropriate
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
01.Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for
the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Ship Security Officer course
03. Three (3) years' experience as a Security Officer onboard a cruise vessel
04. Excellent command of the English Language
05. Exceptional knowledge of modern shipboard security equipment and operations, up to date knowledge of
global security threats and delivery techniques
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required
to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand
and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal
forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (105)
- Beauty Jobs (59)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (91)
- Engine Jobs (149)
- Entertainment Jobs (186)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (478)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (68)
- Management Jobs (36)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (62)
- Photography Jobs (27)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (24)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Other Jobs (27)