Waste Operator / The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
JOB TITLE: Waste Operator
REPORTS TO: Assistant Chief Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Waster Operator is responsible for the general operation, maintenance and cleanliness of the waste handling
room and all its equipment, ensuring the highest levels of safety, public health, and environmental compliance are
integrated into the waste handling operation in all regards. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Ensures correct garbage separation within the waste treatment room, and proper processing of regular,
medical and hazardous wastes by either offloading, incinerating, briquetting, crushing, densifying,
compacting or cold storing, in accordance with rules and regulations set by the company and International
Maritime Laws pertaining to garbage handling at sea
02. Ensures accurate logging of waste off-loads and incineration
03. Responsible for ensuring waste operations, chemical handling, chemical storage, maintenance and cleaning
procedures are strictly adhered to in order to promote the highest public health and maintenance standards
within the operation
04. Ensures any waste is properly packaged and labeled prior to landing ashore and that the landing process is
carried out in a safe, secure and environmentally sound manner in accordance with applicable rules and
05. Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair or refurbishing to his superior
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for
the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Two (2) years' experience in a similar rank onboard a cruise vessel
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required
to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand
and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal
forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (27)
- Galley Jobs (86)
- Restaurant Jobs (37)
- Beverages Jobs (19)
- Provisions Jobs (4)
- Deck Jobs (12)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (11)
- Guest Services Jobs (15)
- Retail Jobs (17)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (37)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (24)
- Photography Jobs (4)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (15)
- Medical Jobs (9)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (5)
- IT Jobs (0)
- Management Jobs (2)
- Administration Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (6)
- Other Cruise Jobs (7)