Engine Foreman / The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
JOB TITLE: Engine Foreman
REPORTS TO: Assistant Chief Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: Engine Repairman, Motorman, Oiler
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Engine Foreman is the highest-ranking rating in the Technical Department and is in charge of all subordinate
technical ratings on the yacht. The Foreman supervises and coaches the Oilers, Engine Repairmen, and Motormen.
Together with the First Engineer (Technical), plans and schedules all regular cleaning, overhauls and maintenance
within the machinery spaces. The Engine Foreman assigns daily tasks to the technical ratings, ensuring work is
performed to the highest standards. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Responsible for the Engine Room, engine workshop inventory of tools and consumables, ensuring these
areas are kept clean, tidy and well maintained at all times, and inventory control is accurate
02. Ensures the highest standards of reliability, safety, and environmental compliance by performing proper and
accurate maintenance and overhauls within the machinery spaces as directed by the First Engineer
03. Performs general routine maintenance tasks contained within the Planned Maintenance Systems
04. Ensures the safe and efficient operation of the engine plant by conducting daily machinery space inspection
rounds, advising supervisors of any deficiencies noted
05. Ensures safety is maintained by holding the Repairman accountable for the inventory and proper storing of
tools/consumables within the Engine Workshop and injector test room
06. Guides the engine ratings in performing engine overhauls for Diesel Generators, Emergency Diesel
Alternator, Tenders, Lifeboats & Zodiacs
07. Assists with training of junior employees in good practices related to machinery overhauls, welding, fitting
08. Schedules routine tasks around operational demands so as to maximize the working efficiency of the nautical department, and maintain the yacht and service to our ladies and gentlemen, to the highest standards
09. Supports newbuild operations to include work in the shipyard as appropriate
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors
progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for
the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Three (3) years' experience as an Engine Foreman on small luxury cruise vessels
03. Rating forming part of an Engineering Watch Certificate
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required
to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand
and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal
forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (105)
- Beauty Jobs (59)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (91)
- Engine Jobs (149)
- Entertainment Jobs (186)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (478)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (68)
- Management Jobs (36)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (62)
- Photography Jobs (27)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (24)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Other Jobs (27)