Compliance Officer / The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
JOB TITLE: Compliance Officer
DEPARTMENT: Marine Operations
REPORTS TO: Captain and CEO
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Compliance Officer ensures the yacht operates in accordance with company's Public Health, Environmental,
Safety and Security policies and procedures. This Officer is independent of any shipboard departments and serves
as a self-audit function to enable objective assessment of the yacht's ability to comply with the various laws, rules
and regulations which govern modern shipping. In performing their duties, the Compliance Officer will have access to every part of the yacht and must be intimately familiar with the Company's Safety Management System, current legislation and passenger shipping environmental technologies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Conduct scheduled, and un-scheduled (surprise), environmental, workplace safety, security and public
health inspections and rounds in nautical, technical, and hotel spaces, to ensure compliance with all
applicable rules and regs
02. Reviews the status of any previously implemented corrective/preventative actions, to ensure continued
03. Verifies all environmental restrictions in the vessel's area of operation have been included in the voyage
plan, and ensures nautical Officers and technical Officers are aware of any restrictions and considerations
and have planned accordingly
04. Ensures Air Emissions management protocols are duly followed
05. Ensures the proper management of all waste streams and garbage, arranges and monitors all waste offload
operations including sludge and oily bilge water, ensuring compliance with applicable rules and ensuring any
required landing receipts and certificates are furnished and filed correctly
06. Regularly audits safety, environment and health record keeping of all departments for accuracy and errors,
including ORB, deck and Engine Log books, RWF records, workplace safety records, work permits, Public
health logs, pest management records, key logs, etc.
07. Provides or arranges Environmental, chemical or public health training and drills and liaises closely with the
Safety Officer and Executive Committee to ensure crew safety training obligations are met
08. Keeps the Captain and the CEO informed of the ship's compliance performance and any signif icant
09. Supports newbuild operations to include work in the shipyard as appropriate
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for
the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Three (3) years' experience on a cruise vessel in a similar rank
03. Excellent command of the English Language
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required
to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand
and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal
forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (105)
- Beauty Jobs (59)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (91)
- Engine Jobs (149)
- Entertainment Jobs (186)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (478)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (68)
- Management Jobs (36)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (62)
- Photography Jobs (27)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (24)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Other Jobs (27)