3rd Engineer / REV Ocean
It is with exceptional privilege that V. Group announces their partnership with 'REV Ocean'.
Our client is proudly at the forefront of some of the most ground-breaking developments in modern global Offshore shipping, with
values and strategies built around sustainable operations and environmental awareness - this vessel personifies exactly that.
The Research aspect of their operation has been created to improve the health of global waters and this is very much at the heart of their mission.
Built with the most sophisticated of maritime equipment, for 'Research', 'Expedition' and 'Charter' exercises, they have partnered with V. Group to provide a crew who are equally dedicated to their cause, but also with strong professional values and a drive to progress with REV Ocean - we require:-
- Rank: 3rd Engineer
- Rotation: 5-weeks / 5 weeks off
- Salary: USD per month worked - to be discussed upon interview
- Embarkation date: April 2020
- CoC: EOOW Unlimited / 3rd Eng. - STCW Reg.III/1, well appraised sea service demonstrable in recent references
- Engine Type: 4 x Wartsila 8L26 - Diesel Electric Propulsion with Battery Pack
- Main Propulsion: 2 x INDAR EL, Motor ACP-1000 Z/8
- Experience/Certification in High Voltage is requested
Our client is particularly interested to hear from Engineers with Philippines nationality.
- The keeping of Engine Room watches as required and identified by the Chief Engineer in accordance with the Safety Management Manual and FOM 1 - Marine Operations.
- The composition of the watches is to be adequate and appropriate to the plant and machinery involved. For normal operating conditions the composition of the watches (at minimum) will be identified by the Chief Engineer
In ships with Unattended Machinery Spaces Certificate, adequate personnel shall always attend the Engine Control Room.
- Main Engine turbocharger washing
- Main Engine air coolers washing
- Sewage and Grey water system in machinery spaces
- Reverse Osmosis plant.
- Quick closing valves, testing, maintenance.
- Domestic water supply and hot water pumps.
- Auxiliary boilers.
- Exhaust gas boilers.
- Boiler water treatment.
- Steam and condensate systems.
- All machinery cooling systems water treatment.
- Chemical inventory.
- Fuel and Diesel oil systems.
- Lubricating oil purifiers.
- Lubricating oil consumption tracking and report.
- Lubricating oil sample taking for shore analysis.
- Lubricating oil onboard analysis.
- Lubricating oil filter maintenance.
- Bilge system, pumps and alarms.
- Sludge system.
- Fuel bunkering.
- Noon and midnight sounding sheets.
- Oil record book entries.
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Prepare appraisals for 'Direct Reports' in accordance with Company's policy.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (87)
- Galley Jobs (205)
- Restaurant Jobs (75)
- Beverages Jobs (62)
- Provisions Jobs (14)
- Deck Jobs (69)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (112)
- Guest Services Jobs (50)
- Retail Jobs (34)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (42)
- Child Care Jobs (15)
- Entertainment Jobs (141)
- Photography Jobs (27)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (17)
- Medical Jobs (21)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (17)
- Casino Jobs (23)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Management Jobs (29)
- Administration Jobs (34)
- Land Based Jobs (30)
- Other Cruise Jobs (19)