Guest Service Officer
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 19modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment, and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew. Join our team, and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless. Working for Princess Cruises is ideal if you want to take your career to the next level and enjoy a challenging and unique multicultural environment.
As a Guest Services Officer, you will be responsible for providing exceptional genuine & personalized guest service with friendliness, empathy, knowledge, and care to exceed guest’s expectations in line with the Company’s strategy and Core Values.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provides all duties of the Guest Services Desk, including, but not limited to, financial transactions, lost luggage, stateroom changes, lost and found, printing and issuing of guest cruise cards / OCEAN Medallions, selling of onboard amenities and broadcasting of ship announcements.
- Provides accurate information and answers to guest/crew questions, requests, or concerns.
- Documents and ensures a satisfactory and timely resolution of guest service issues by being proactive in identifying solutions, including service recovery, and following up effectively.
- Displays exceptional listening skills, secure communication, and organizational skills and excellent social skills.
- Assists the Guest Services Supervisor or Night Managerin preparing guest documentation or reconciling various charges as required.
- Maintains the utmost level of professionalism for appearance and demeanour at all times.
- All duties must be completed following the company Core Values and all aspects of the Service Essentials program.
- Graduate of a recognized hotel or business school OR 1-year experience as Front Desk Receptionist
- Proficiency in the use of computer-based programs
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Fantastic attitude and a natural love and ability for dealing with complex issues in a guest-facing environment. Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits.
Our crew members are afforded comfortable, shared accommodations with officer steward service, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool, and a recreation center.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. “To share our world, share our hearts, protect our Earth, and create lasting memories.”
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.