Chef De Partie Pastry
PastrySet sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 19 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment, and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew. Join our team,and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.Working for Princess Cruises is ideal if you are looking to take your career to the next level and enjoy a challenging and unique environment.
As a Chef de Partie – Pastry, you will be assisting the Executive Pastry Chef and supervising the Pastry team to produce the best pastry and desserts at sea to provide a superior cruise experience for our guests.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Always ensures product quality in the assigned station through tasting and monitoring of mise en place during production as instructed by the Executive Chef / ExecutivePastry Chef.
- Effectively supervises Pastry staff in an assigned service station during operational activities as directed by the Executive Chef / ExecutivePastry Chef, including monitoring compliance with production and storage requirements such as temperature/blast chiller log recording.
- Always controls food consumption in the assigned production areas through portion and production control and by ensuring adherence to Company recipes.
- Ensures batch cooking/preparation process (for soufflés, puddings, crème brulee, etc.) is practiced to eliminate waste.Always meets cost targets in the Pastry galley as directed by the Executive Pastry Chef / Executive Chef.
- Always creates an effective and efficient daily/shift production schedule for assigned section, under the direction of the Executive Pastry Chef, as required by the itinerary and various outlets.
- Always monitors the consumption of ingredients required for daily production and plans orders accordingly; keeps the Executive Pastry Chef informed regarding production needs and order status.
- Knows the team’s role descriptions, and communicates clear expectations based on each role description.
- Observes each crewmember’s performance using his or her role description as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement.
- Must possess a formal qualification in pastry arts from a recognized culinary training institution
- Must have at least five years of experience in the pastry galley with at least two years of experience as Demi Chef de Partie Pastry form luxury hotel/resort or cruise ship
- Must be well versed in Public Health regulations with the ability to explain conceptsMust possess the ability to supervise multicultural subordinate crew members
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool, and recreation center.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. “To share our world, share our hearts, protect our Earth, and create lasting memories.”
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.