Guest Relations/Front Office/Receptionist
A guest comes to you with a challenging question. Will you simply answer his/her query or will you go above and beyond to find the perfect solution?
We are looking for candidates that take the second approach.
Holland America Line is currently seeking for candidates in the function of:
International Guest Services Associate
International Guest Services Associate’s are staff who is hired based on their language skills in order to support the company’s Global Guest program.
When assigned upfront at the Front Desk: Provide all Guests with a high level of service by insuring that all requests are courteously, promptly, efficiently handled in accordance with Company policies and ensure that follow up is consistent and without delay. When situations require, provide Guests with answers, alternatives and solutions to issues presented. You also take care of translating any printed material in a foreign language as well as assist global guests at the desk
When assigned Phone Duty: Provide Guests with premium level of service, including assisting in answering In-Room Dining calls and dispatching orders to responsible parties. Answer Dining Room Reservations calls and dispatch reservations and information via the system to the concerned department for follow-up. Fulfill the responsibilities of Personal concierge. You also take care of translating any printed material in a foreign language as well as assist global guests on the phone.
- College degree in hospitality management; Hotel & Restaurant management /Tourism Graduate or a related field preferred or equivalent experience or
- Minimum 2 years work experience within a Front Office Operation /Hospitality Environment in a 4 star or above hotel/resort or cruise/passenger vessel or
- Minimum two years’ work experience in a reputable call center or reservations agency
- Marlins score 90 and above (English).
- International incumbents to have fluent proficiency (B1/B2) in another language:
Dutch, Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinese- Mandarin, French, Russian, Italian or Portuguese
Why are you the candidate we are looking for?
- You are open minded and flexible
- You able to handle constantly changing priorities in a high pace environment
- You can work in a multi-culture environment and you are a real team player
- You are hardworking – 7 days a week, 11 hours every day for 6 months? No problem!
- You have a genuine interest in helping people and are able to come up with effective solutions
- You don’t see problems but you see opportunities
- You are looking for a career within the Front Office
What can we offer you?
- Career advancement opportunities in an international environment
- Travel to worldwide destinations
- Competitive salaries ($2050 per month while onboard, no taxes deducted)
- Pension plan (check eligibility)
- Friends and Family rates
- Accommodation, food and flights are paid by the company
- And more…
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, German, Spanish, Dutch
Holland America Line
Holland America Line has been operating for more than 140 years and we are a recognized leader in the cruise industry, operating a fleet of premium mid-sized ships. We believe travel has the power to change the world and we take pride in playing our part in opening minds, building connections, and inspiring a shared humanity. Our fleet of 14 ships visits all seven continents and annually offers more than 500 cruises to more than 400 ports of call in close to 100 countries. Holland America Line crew members are the heart of the operation and work enthusiastically to ensure that each guest has a memorable vacation.