Chef De Partie
Title: Chef de Partie
Reports To: Sous Chef
Responsible for directing and overseeing team members and overall food preparation, production, and presentation in any of the following assigned areas:
- Pinnacle Grill
- Rudi’s Sel de Mer
- Main Galley
- Lido Market
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance.
- Implementing and executing food handling and cleaning procedures for the galley in accordance with USPH standards.
- Follows all HACCP procedures set by the company.
- Directly supervise all food being prepared and served in assigned specialty restaurant according to standard menus and recipes as established by the company.
- Responsible for overall quality, quantity, attractiveness and correctness of all food items served from the partie as per company standards.
- Ensures all food cost targets are achieved for assigned station.
- Ensure all food Guest Satisfaction Scores in coordination with Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef are met for food ratings for assigned station.
- Directs, supervises, assists and trains all team members assigned to the partie.
- Responsible for performance, appearance, dress and personal conduct of all employees assigned to the partie.
- Prepares a daily work plan for all team members assigned to the partie in accordance with the planned menu and recipes for the day.
- Monitors and controls actual hours worked of team members assigned to the partie and reports and discrepancies to the Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine of the partie.
- Prepares a daily requisition for Executive Chef for all items ordered from stores for use in the partie.
- Check quality and quantity of items ordered and received from stores.
- Ensures proper food storage in accordance to USPH procedures and thereafter in accordance to standard corporate recipes, reporting any discrepancies to the Sous Chef or Chef de
- Supervises and inspects overall operation cleanliness and clean up after each service period following provided checklists and cleaning schedules.
- Assigns all cleaning responsibilities within the partie according to the cleaning schedule and follows up on overall cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Reports and malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair or refurbishing to the Executive Sous Chef of the partie.
- Proper use of equipment and utensils to prevent damage or undue maintenance.
- Works closely with galley leadership and other department leaders.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Multi-tasking and all around culinarian and leader.
- Builds a strong team and fosters collaboration.
- Able to manage high volume and fine dining teams.
- Acts as a corporate brand ambassador with onboard teams supporting and driving all longterm company goals and brand direction.
- Good communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in a 5 star+ hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position.
- 2+ year experience in a supervisory position preferably in a multi-nationality setting with a proven ability to provide orientation and training.
- Experience supervising, and training at least 5 team culinary employees.
- Experience in high volume operation of at least 100 meals per service.
- Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred.
- Extensive kitchen machinery and knife safety knowledge.
- Experience working in all major culinary brigade stations with extensive knowledge in designated station.
- Working knowledge of computers and the ability to navigate within a variety of software programs.
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak English.
- Preferred: Degree from accredited culinary college or university.
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Holland America Line
Holland America Line has been operating for more than 140 years and we are a recognized leader in the cruise industry, operating a fleet of premium mid-sized ships. We believe travel has the power to change the world and we take pride in playing our part in opening minds, building connections, and inspiring a shared humanity. Our fleet of 14 ships visits all seven continents and annually offers more than 500 cruises to more than 400 ports of call in close to 100 countries. Holland America Line crew members are the heart of the operation and work enthusiastically to ensure that each guest has a memorable vacation.