P&O Cruises - Chef de Cuisine
Are you someone who is organised and can plan ahead for future cruises? Do you communicate well with your teams when leading them so serve across the whole operation? Are you able to use your initiative with you teams to find practical solutions to every day challenges? Do you lead by example at work so that your team provide the smoothest service and the highest quality meals? Are you someone who is reliable and able to support the team to deliver quality cuisine?
We are looking for Chef de Cuisines here at P&O Cruises to help us deliver our guests an unforgettable dining experience.
- As Chef de Cuisine your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Day to day management of the Food Production team within allocated areas
- Carrying out all work safely, efficiently and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations
- Managing the volumes of provisions ordered and stock rotation of fresh produce
- Resolving passenger issues or complaints in the correct manner relating to the department.
- Achieving targets and work proactively towards increasing scores by ensuring a strong team ethos of attention to detail.
P&O Cruises require the following experience:
- Significant operational experience in high volume catering facilities such as conference and events, banqueting or large scale 4 or 5 star hotels
- Managerial or supervisory experience within large galley/kitchen teams
- Awareness of budgets and food wastage gained within a corporate environment
- Galley cruise ship experience is desirable
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and out people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage and & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Please note that a Personal Survival Techniques (PST) STCW is a requirement for this role. Further information will be provided should your application should be successful.
It is a requirement of employment that all of our seafarers must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 from the 1st December 2021 (either 2 vaccines plus 14 days or 1 single dose vaccine plus 14 days). As part of the application form, you will be asked if you are fully vaccinated. We are unable to progress any applications from individuals who are not fully vaccinated at this time and welcome future applications should your vaccination status change.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Carnival UK is a market leader in the cruise industry, widely recognised by our famous brands P&O Cruises and Cunard. We operate ships all over the world and provide unforgettable holiday experiences to our guests. At Carnival UK, we are about to go through a huge amount of growth and with 2 new ships on the horizon, Carnival UK has big plans for the future!
At Carnival UK as part of Carnival Corporation, our highest responsibility and top priorities are to operate safely, to protect the environment, and to be in compliance everywhere we operate in the world. On this foundation, we aspire to deliver unmatched joyful vacations for our Guests, always exceeding their expectations. We are committed to a positive and just corporate culture, based on inclusion and the power of diversity. We operate with integrity, trust and respect for each other - seeking collaboration, candour, openness and transparency at all times. And we intend to be an exemplary corporate citizen leaving the people and the places we touch even better.