Little Skippers Host/ Hostess
Welcome to The Olsen Way.
In recent years, we have seen a new era emerging in cruising.
There is a trend for everything to get bigger and busier, and for a cruise to be seen as an alternative to a large luxury resort, with a limitless flurry of activity.
But this is not for us.
We believe there is another way to cruise. A way that is based on five generations of seafaring.
Where cabins are called cabins and ships look like ships.
Where the journey is as important as the destination.
In our world, smaller is better, and we believe in keeping the experience on board uncrowded, warm and civilised - treating passengers as guests, like the family run business we are.
It would be easy to follow the trends and go with the crowds. But we never will.
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is a family run company, well known for our quality cruises and the ‘personal’ touch we offer our guests.
The Little Skippers Host/Hostess assists with creating & implementing an imaginative fun-filled programme for our Little Skippers Club, with responsibilities including:
- Working alongside the ship’s Entertainment Manager, devising a varied and fun-filled programme of activities for our young cruisers;
- Leading the planned programme of activities;
- Preparation and distribution of the ‘Little Skippers Programme’;
- Ensuring the safety and security of children is maintained at all times;
- Setting up venues;
- Acting as a point of contact and information for children and parents/guardians.
Applicants should possess the following skills and qualities:
- Experience in leading similar programmes;
- A recognised qualification to work with children;
- Hardworking, with a focus on excellent customer service;
- Fluent in English communication: both written and spoken;
- Cruise ship or teaching experience – advantageous;
- Two references, one current.
We will shortlist candidates that are either fully vaccinated or willing to be vaccinated against COVID19.
**We do not charge candidates any referral fee**
**Direct applicants only please. Any candidates submitted by recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applicants**
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (93)
- Galley Jobs (226)
- Restaurant Jobs (93)
- Beverages Jobs (59)
- Provisions Jobs (20)
- Deck Jobs (97)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (122)
- Guest Services Jobs (82)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (32)
- Child Care Jobs (15)
- Entertainment Jobs (134)
- Photography Jobs (18)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (34)
- Medical Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (8)
- IT Jobs (16)
- Management Jobs (39)
- Administration Jobs (42)
- Land Based Jobs (42)
- Other Cruise Jobs (51)
- Private Estate Jobs (25)