Assistant Fleet Personnel Manager (m/f/d) Passenger Ships Deck and Engine crew)
BSM Cruise Services is the cruise services business unit of Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM), one of the world’s leading third-party ship managers.
At BSM Cruise Services, we celebrate a culture of togetherness. Caring for and learning from each other is at the base of our success. Our superpower is our diversity. The wealth of different nationalities, talents, and diverse expert knowledge boosts our capacity to be creative and to innovate, while we operate with greatest respect to the well-being of our staff, passengers and vessels.
Are you interested in exciting career opportunities, personal growth, and great development options? Then join the BSM family!
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Job Objective and Key Accountabilities:
- Assisting the Fleet Personnel Manager in the controlling and ensuring of timely, accurate and qualitative manning of all the Passenger Ships in our Management, according to the contractual agreements and client requirements
- You support the Fleet Personnel Manager in leading the D&E Fleet Personnel Team(s) and further developing and continuously improving the processes and operations of the department and ensure full compliance with all policies and legislation.
- You contribute as well to performance management, training and development of your department members.
- You promote and maintain relationships to the Crew on Board, to our clients and to our local and international BSM network.
- In strong cooperation with all stakeholders involved, you review and analyse issues raised and lead the development and implementation of solutions.
- Contribution to internal and external audits as well as international projects will complete your tasks.
- You are holding a degree in a maritime or HR related field combined with a solid knowledge of Passenger Ship crew requirements and seafarer specifications, maritime labour law and knowledge of the maritime legal framework
- You bring min 5 years’ experience in Crew Management including recruitment, training and development methodologies, ideally in Passenger Ship Management
- You are passionate about the Human Element of our industry and want to start in a leadership position or have collected your first leadership experience already
- You are a strong communicator with a can-do-attitude
You may choose up to three benefits from our benefits-catalogue:
- Contribution to our Canteen
- Free Ticket for the local public transport
- Internet Fee
- Bike Leasing (JobRad)
- Childcare (KITA contribution)
- Language Courses
- Extra Leave Day
- Fitness Contribution
- Urban Sports Club Membership
In addition, you will benefit from:
- Flexible working hours and home-office entitlement
- Annual leave days: 28-30 (depending on length of Service)
- Open-door-policy and flat hierarchies
- A beautiful office in the heart of Hamburg
- Housekeeping Jobs (129)
- Galley Jobs (361)
- Restaurant Jobs (118)
- Beverages Jobs (85)
- Provisions Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (103)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (138)
- Guest Services Jobs (94)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (36)
- Child Care Jobs (7)
- Entertainment Jobs (162)
- Photography Jobs (23)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (38)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (23)
- Casino Jobs (16)
- IT Jobs (15)
- Management Jobs (46)
- Administration Jobs (52)
- Land Based Jobs (27)
- Other Cruise Jobs (136)
- Private Estate Jobs (27)