Executive Chef Celebrity Cruises
Position Title: Executive Chef
Reports To: F&B Manager
Direct Reports: Food Production Staff
The Executive Chef is responsible for providing overall leadership in the ship’s Galley Operations and ensures that galley areas are operating in accordance with Company Operating Standards.
The Executive Chef ensures the achievement of company targets for guest satisfaction, shareholder value, employee satisfaction, and other key results areas.
Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
· Minimum of five years experience as an Executive Chef in a world class kitchen leading a team of thirty or more in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience preferred).
· Excellent platform skills, very outgoing, able to capture the attention of a large audience
· Displays a strong command of global cuisine.
· Culinary school degree highly preferred from an accredited university.
· Strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
· Excellent communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of the principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination and execution. This includes strategic planning, resource allocation, workforce planning and management, leadership techniques and production methods.
· Proven ability to deliver the highest level of personalized service and guest satisfaction.
· Proven track record of guiding staff development and ensuring employee satisfaction in a high volume environment.
· Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within several software packages such as Excel, Word, or related programs.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
· KPI’s assigned to position/department.
· Ensures all culinary standards and procedures are executed consistently
· Is present in operational areas during key periods – Actively monitors all food quality and takes corrective action immediately to ensure guest satisfaction
· Conducts pre-service line inspections and tastings in all service areas including main galley, specialty restaurants, and buffet restaurant.
· Effectively plans departmental activities including schedules, requisitions, production guidance and training
· Ensures all galleys are clean and operate above and beyond compliance with relevant public health standards at all times
· Ensures all equipment is cared for, properly repaired and maintained
· Ensures adequate food product is on hand at all times, in all locations, and is prepared in 100% accordance with company standards
· Ensures STAR, Safety, Environmental and other company policies and standards are consistently maintained.
· Actively engages with guests and serves as an ambassador of the culinary experience; resolves guest complaints as needed
· Develops and executes tactical plans to achieve financial targets
· Creates and implements new ideas for operational efficiencies
· Consistently lives by the F&B Operations Guiding Leadership Principles
· Stays “above the line” and accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability including ratings, Food Cost, USPH, Workplace Safety and Crew Satisfaction
· Inspires team through encouragement and recognition of outstanding performance
· Resolves conflict with fact-based communication
· Collaborates well and works up, down and across the organization
· Creates a climate of trust and mutual respect
· Steps forward and leads by example, working hands on with the team
· Knows our brand standards and holds team accountable for executing against them at all times
· Ensures team is well trained and capable of consistently delivering against operational standards
· Ensures that all guest facing communication is professional, on brand and visually appealing
· Is a role model for others and serves as a positive ambassador of Celebrity Cruises
· Exhibits professional leadership presence, positive energy, drive, focus and passion at all times
· Brings out the best in his/her team through authenticity, care, humility, and integrity
· Always thinks of team before self and effectively fosters teamwork
· Ensures the effective training of all crew, including direct reports
· Coaches and develops direct reports and high potential members of the F&B team
· Provides candid performance feedback and takes appropriate action to improve performance
· Accurately identifies talent and follows the company’s promotions process
Physical & Language Requirements:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!