- Ensures the smooth and efficient operation and control of the Bakery Shop and production daily according to company policies.
- Responsible for the production, quality, and presentation of the bread assortment to be used in the daily menus.
- Assists the Head Baker in preparing production forecasts and recording leftovers to avoid unnecessary wastage and keep food costs within the budget.
- Assists in the set-up of the bread display in the various buffets.
- Must have a complete knowledge of the United States Public Health rules and regulations and ensure that they are followed daily.
- Ensures the cleaning of the bakery shop as per the Executive Chef’s schedule, exercising proper methods to minimize equipment damages.
- Ensures that the bakery is ready for any announced or unannounced USPH inspections done either by the ship’s management or USPH inspectors.
- Responsible for the requisition and transportation of the necessary items from the main stores to the bakery shop when assigned.
- Ensures recipes and yields are in accordance with the company’s standards.
- Assists the CDP Baker with the completion of the daily consumption re-cap as required by the Executive Chef.
- Is aware of and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, to assist guests and crew members with inquiries.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
- Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
- This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
- People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function.
- Monitors and manages the various assigned workstation functions. Monitors the assignment of duties and responsibilities to their staff. Observes and evaluates staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met. Makes recommendations regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure adequate and continuous staffing. Inspects workstations, work areas, equipment, etc. to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Mentors, develops, and provides on-the-job training to their staff to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- A minimum of three years' experience as a Baker in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience preferred).
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to fulfill the following:
- Completion of at least two contracts as a Baker with a performance rating of satisfactory or above.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!