- Entertainment Jobs
- August 31, 2016
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees working onboard our ships at sea.
Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
As, Disc Jockey, you will be responsible for operating music, video and lighting equipment to produce a mixture of dance music such as, but not limited to, Top 40, disco, new wave, dance-oriented rock, Latin, R&B, reggae and classic rock. You will be working with a world-class staff.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintains up-to-date musical inventory with the support of shore-side management.
- Assures that equipment is maintained in safe and clean working environment. He or she shall alert the Activity Manager of any necessary repairs so that an AVO may be placed for repair.
- Records two evenings’ sessions per voyage on the hard drive and submit this shore-side via disc.
- Continually interacts with guests; coordinates, hosts, and participates in other adult recreational activities related to his or her position.
- Socializes with guests at all times when in the public areas. Visits lounges at various times and converses with as many guests as possible as time allows.
- Assists in the coordination and operation of audio and/or visual equipment for events as needed in support of the Sound & Light Staff as determined by the Cruise Director.
- This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
- Professional disc jockey experience with the ability to operate a variety of music playing equipment and lighting equipment. Experience in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise line or entertainment/recreational industry (shipboard experience preferred).
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to beat mix and maintain a seamless set consisting of a wide variety of music.
- Experience with microphone technique in front of large groups preferred.
- Maintains his/her own stock of music on CD format to compliment the onboard collection of music.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of dance music such as, but not limited to, past and present pop music, dance, Latin, 70s disco, reggae, R&B, hip hop, country and classic rock.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., one of the world's largest cruise companies and employer of choice, has an array of brands including Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Pulmantur and Royal Caribbean International. These brands offer a variety of onboard activities, services and amenities, including simulated surfing, swimming pools, sun decks, beauty salons, exercise and spa facilities, ice skating rinks, in-line skating, basketball courts, rock climbing walls, miniature golf courses, gaming facilities, lounges, bars, Las Vegas-style entertainment, cinemas and Royal Promenades, which include interior shopping, dining and an entertainment boulevard.
Join our team as Audio Visual Manager. Once you click to apply below, it will take you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 90 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
- Housekeeping Jobs (116)
- Galley Jobs (360)
- Restaurant Jobs (117)
- Beverages Jobs (80)
- Provisions Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (83)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (119)
- Guest Services Jobs (92)
- Retail Jobs (36)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (47)
- Child Care Jobs (9)
- Entertainment Jobs (184)
- Photography Jobs (25)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (43)
- Medical Jobs (16)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (21)
- Casino Jobs (22)
- IT Jobs (18)
- Management Jobs (41)
- Administration Jobs (57)
- Land Based Jobs (28)
- Other Cruise Jobs (133)
- Private Estate Jobs (16)
Share this page: