Assistant Beverage Manager
At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this could be a great opportunity to let your career set sail with us.
We are currently seeking Assistant Beverage Managers to join our team.
Our multi-million dollar beverage operation is an integral part of our success, and this fast-paced division provides a challenging and rewarding professional environment.
Potential candidates must have at least two years of experience overseeing three or more outlets/venues and supervising a minimum of thirty employees.
This position also includes four months paid vacation per year. Potential candidates must have a minimum of five years proven senior management experience in a four or five star hotel, resort or cruise line. More than 40,000 people have already selected Royal Caribbean International to be their employer and so should you!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supervising three to seven employees who each lead a team of forty to seventy crew members; directing, coaching, supporting, and evaluating to ensure continuous and accurate bar service operation and a motivated team
- Training employees on aspects of service and selling techniques, cost reduction, and on-the-job training for employees as needed
- Consistently improving revenue generation through promotions and other relevant efforts, to increase sales in order to meet/exceed expectations
- Successfully identifying expense reduction opportunities through cost control, and maintaining all ship's bars, lounges, service bars and bar storage areas (as well as outer island bars and storage) while ensuring compliance with health and safety standards
- Maintaining shipboard outlets: Ensuring bars are sufficiently stocked with supplies, recording production and operational data in each area, and approving and overseeing inventories, bar par levels, transfers, cocktail parties, and opening/closing bar hours and working schedules
- Creating a variety of reports and letters utilizing personal computer system and equipment, attending training's and meetings as needed, and other duties as assigned
- Through excellence in leadership, also consistently supporting Royal Caribbean International's Gold Anchor standards.
- Minimum of two to three years of progressive bar management experience in a high volume setting, as well as experience simultaneously managing at least three venues (and 30 people), with P&L and cost / inventory control responsibilities
- Ability to accommodate a four months on / two months off contract schedule for this onboard position
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college, university or the international equivalent is preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
- Accommodation Jobs (49)
- Beauty Jobs (20)
- Casino Jobs (7)
- Child Care Jobs (14)
- Deck & Engine Jobs (78)
- Entertainment Jobs (53)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (253)
- IT Jobs (12)
- Land Based Jobs (81)
- Management Jobs (22)
- Medical Jobs (9)
- Office Jobs (31)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Retail Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (14)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (7)
- Other Jobs (48)
- Jobs on Yachts (108)