Dining Room Manager
The Dining Room Manager is responsible for all service in all food related areas. Identifies and implements improvements to increase the effectiveness and consistency of the Dining Services operations according to the 6 key principles that drive the guest experience culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work according to the 6 key principles: show well, the right delights, service wow, sails are up, destination engagement and magical moments.
- Deliver the highest possible quality of Dining Services on board.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of food handling, food service and cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards.
- Directs, supervises and trains all subordinates in the performance of their duties in accordance with the quality standards set by the company.
- Responsible for all employee work schedules and controls overtime.
- Sets objectives and performance evaluations for all direct reports in the restaurant organization.
- Responsible for the performance, personal conduct, dress and grooming of all subordinates.
- Responsible for implementing and executing proper maintenance and cleaning procedures in all food related areas.
- Creates an AVO for maintenance discrepancies in work area. Conducts daily inspections of all areas of responsibility in order to identify deficiencies and assess procedures of personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining a well supplied works area with appropriate par stocks.
- Responsible for reaching set COB targets as determined by the corporate office. The manager is responsible for justifications if targets are not met.
- Is fully knowledgeable and strictly follows the Marine Hotel Directives and ensures their team does so as well.
- Support performance management system and attend all mandatory onboard meetings.
- Performs and manages other duties as assigned.
- STCW Training: 4 Part Basic Training
- STCW CPSC
- Preferred College or University degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field preferred. International equivalent suffices
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience in the hospitality Industry
- Preferred 3 years of shipboard experience within the Dining Services environment
- Able to work well with both shipboard and corporate personnel
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly changing priorities
- Must possess strong leadership, organizational and training skills
- Able to write and produce operational documentation
- Extensive knowledge of USPH and Sanitation protocols
- Working knowledge of computers and the ability to navigate within a variety of software programs such as excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Senior High School Graduate
- PSCRB Certificate
- Valid Seafarers Medical
- Must pass a security background check
- Latest experience must be within the past 2 years
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel to the yachts and extended stay up to 6 months on board is required. Regularly required to sit and stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during traveling periods and during periods of daily activities.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (54)
- Galley Jobs (119)
- Restaurant Jobs (50)
- Beverages Jobs (31)
- Provisions Jobs (10)
- Deck Jobs (34)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (57)
- Guest Services Jobs (41)
- Retail Jobs (21)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (29)
- Child Care Jobs (9)
- Entertainment Jobs (65)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (17)
- Medical Jobs (33)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (12)
- Casino Jobs (3)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Management Jobs (18)
- Administration Jobs (33)
- Land Based Jobs (18)
- Other Cruise Jobs (9)
- Private Estate Jobs (0)