Assistant Maître d'Hotel
At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful and personal. Seabourn is looking for experienced hospitality professionals that are looking to develop themselves, and take their career to the next level.
We are currently seeking an experience Assistant Maître d'Hotel to join our luxury fleet. The Assistant Maître D plays an integral part in assisting with the smooth operation and taking ownership of the relevant stations they work in. Decisions on how to enhance the guest experience are an important responsibility on how the company achieves the goal of providing the guests with the ultimate travel experience. The Assistant Maître D ensures all their team members are aware of the vision and mission of Seabourn and encourage their teams to follow the guidelines set forth. Please see specific requirements below:
- At least 2-3 years experience as Assistant Maître d'Hotel or equivalent in a 4/5* hotel or onboard a cruise ship.
- Fluent English speaking, reading & writing.
- Experience working directly with guests to answer queries or resolve complaints is essential.
- Completion of course in basic Food & Beverage. Advanced/Intermediate Food & Hygiene.
- Strong ability for building interpersonal relationships with the guest, and putting customer service at the heart of everything you do.
- Professional and well-presented appearance.
- Excellent ability for name recognition, as per Seabourn's service standards.
- Experience of supervising a team, and being able to prepare, communicate and control a weekly: picture test, cleaning schedule and training schedule for your team.
The recruiter advertising this job can accept applicants only from USA, Canada, Western Europe, Central Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, South Africa, United Kingdom and Ireland for this position.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!