Mountain Bike Activity Instructor, Cruise, Flexible, Fixed Term
Employed by Crew People International Ltd (CPIL) working on board Thomson Cruises the Mountain Bike & Activity Advisor is part of the Destination Services team.
Responsible for helping us to deliver our strategy of spreading smiles, you’ll do this by planning, organising and delivering an extensive mountain bike programme suitable for all customer types. This is a new programme for Thomson Cruises and we’ll be looking to you to take accountability for helping us to establish this new offering within our excursion programme. You’ll also support the team in ensuring our passengers have the best holiday experiences possible – both on and off the ship – making us truly famous for service and creating customers for life.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. We are building a single customer facing team across our airline, contact centre, overseas and retail service teams that will deliver a consistent, contemporary service to every single customer. Joining our ships will not only provide opportunities for you to grow your career, but the benefits of being part of an exciting multi-cultural united team.
What you will be doing
Take ownership of the mountain bike programme within the Shore Excursions team by; providing and promoting a mountain bike programme which caters for all customers and incorporating a wide variety of guided rides and off road coaching. Create and continuously develop new exciting guided routes to lead, and compile a selection of route cards to assist in the creation of online sales content.
Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintain an excellent standard of
customer service, anticipating and exceeding customer needs. Set up, pack up, and actively provide assistance to all customers using the bikes each day to ensure they have a truly memorable experience with us. Help organise and host social events, support embarkation, deliver briefings and generally interact with customers as required – this may include supporting other activities within the Destination Services team to provide a seamless, one team service.
Carry out all maintenance required keep the bike fleet (circa 40 bikes including e-bikes) fully operational throughout the season. Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Thomson Cruises equipment. Ensure bike supplies are well stocked and place orders as and when required and in line with operational guidance. Ensure that instruction and health and safety are to the highest standard and take ownership of appropriate risk assessments.
What we are looking for
- Has a customer centric approach, creating positive customer experience, adding value
- Previous customer service experience with a diverse range of customer profiles
- Ability to design and lead fun, safe, varied and informative bike rides
- Experience of mountain bike guiding off road
- Knowledge of mountain bike maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of emergency first aid procedures and the ability to react calmly, quickly and effectively in emergency situations and a valid first aid certificate for the duration of the contract
- Knowledge of current mountain bike developments
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds including both customers and staff
- Ability to build relationships quickly due to the seasonal nature of the role
- Able to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to thrive within a team environment and build effective relationships
- Desire to support wider activities across the Destination Services team where required
- MBLA Mountain Bike Trail Leader Award or similar is desirable
- Resilient and flexible approach and ability to respond to customer and company needs
Working within TUI group
Help make our customers smile and in return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and pension scheme. Additional benefits include holiday, flight and foreign exchange discounts, a childcare voucher scheme and lots more.*
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including Thomson and First Choice. We employ a team of 13,300 employees and serve over 5.2 million customers each year.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business operating in around 180 countries worldwide with over 1,800 travel agencies across Europe, six airlines operating more than 130 aircraft, more than 300 Group-owned hotels and resorts and twelve cruise ships. Our 77,000 colleagues, all with a passion for holidays, work hard to deliver our customer promise ”Discover your smile”
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
The recruiter advertising this job can accept applicants only from USA, Canada, Western Europe and Central Europe for this position.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (192)
- Beauty Jobs (60)
- Casino Jobs (34)
- Child Care Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (98)
- Engine Jobs (126)
- Entertainment Jobs (114)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (727)
- Guest Services Jobs (94)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (126)
- Management Jobs (55)
- Medical Jobs (28)
- Office Jobs (89)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (37)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (25)
- Other Jobs (14)