This position serve as the regional manager of product procurement and development for TourTrek, which is a technology startup company focused on selling global destination experiences on the internet. This position is responsible for identifying product needs and procuring travel products with vendors, marketplace platforms and aggregators. This position creates and manages the tour programs and destination experiences by conceptualizing and overseeing exceptional new growth of revenue and customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for evaluating customer satisfaction, implementing and monitoring measurement methods for customer feedback for all travel products in destinations worldwide, and for identifying improvement opportunities for revenue, B2B requirements, and customer satisfaction. In addition, this position is responsible for the development of differentiated and premium experiences, including concierge services that define and contribute to TourTrek's brand awareness. Position includes, but is not limited to, contracting new venues and expanding the program into non-contracted regions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and administer tour products and travel programs in target cities for TourTrek and manage the programs in assigned areas. Deal directly with at least 10 to 200 tour operators.
- Manage over 10,000 tours, in over 200 cities.
- Negotiate product content to ensure competitive pricing. Negotiate and contract tour operators and local establishments.
- Manage and evaluate new tour opportunities; identify competitive threats and customer trends within assigned region and monitor tour quality.
- Develop and administer premium tour content that represents an enhanced customer experience. Collaborate and strategize to find ways of maximizing revenue streams.
- Analyze market trends to proactively focus on customer driven experiences.
- Assist the Travel Experience Team/customer service with Level 3 issues.
- Design and sell Concierge programs either directly with customers or through others.
- Interact with internal and external departments to develop and maintain the tour product. Perform site inspections to areas of responsibility as deemed necessary.
- Work cross functionally with leadership team to ensures shareholder value by maximizing profits and developing strategies that achieve the highest ROIC.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management
List any responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets in US Dollars. Monitor revenue results for region of responsibility, with total responsibility ranging from $30 - $500 million annually.
List the minimum level of education and experience required to perform the work at the entry level of the job. Bachelors of Science degree in hospitality, tourism, business administration or related field or equivalent years of directly related shore excursion/tourism experience. Minimum of 7 years of experience in cruise line or tour operator related business with an emphasis in worldwide shore excursion operations. Minimum of 7 years of experience in the travel industry with a focus on destination delivery Requires extensive knowledge of multiple destinations. Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
List specific knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job related to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities identified above Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of management, customers and employees. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Strong common sense to handle strict confidentiality using discretion in dealing with issues of business and personal nature. Experience to handle multiple tasks in a fast pace environment as well as to work effectively under pressure. Ability to analyze trends and pricing/costing data and financial knowledge to perform responsibilities related to cost control. Strong negotiating skills. May be required to travel for training or conventions 25%-30% of the time. Stay aware of world events and the affect they may have on travel.
- Accommodation Jobs (114)
- Beauty Jobs (49)
- Casino Jobs (34)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (70)
- Engine Jobs (144)
- Entertainment Jobs (164)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (628)
- Guest Services Jobs (76)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (118)
- Management Jobs (46)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (65)
- Photography Jobs (20)
- Retail Jobs (42)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (40)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (33)