Executive Chef de Cuisine
At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful and personal. Seabourn is looking for experienced hospitality professionals that are looking to develop themselves, and take their career to the next level.
We are currently actively seeking a passionate and extremely well experienced Executive Chef De Cuisine (Exec Chef). The ideal candidate will need to put service and guest satisfaction at the heart of every dish they produce. This position comes with a high level of responsibility, leading the entire culinary team onboard.
The Executive Chef de Cuisine plays a crucial role in satisfying the guests experience onboard the vessel. The quality of the product relies wholeheartedly on the decisions the Executive Chef de Cuisine makes when it comes to presentation and execution of the recipes and menus provided. The Executive Chef de Cuisine also has strict guidelines to follow in regards to food costs and budgetary requirements. Training plays a vital part of the Chef de Cuisine’s daily tasks as he relies on his team to execute the product in order to provide the guest with an ultimate vacation experience.
Please see specific requirements below:
- Responsible for overall performance, training of all chefs, utilities and those involved in food service on board.
- Responsible to implement, control and manage all areas of responsibility per SOP’s.
- Actively involved in yield and portion control in conjunction with F&B Controller.
- Ensures that food orders are placed in accordance with Provision Master and F&B Manager/Hotel Director, considering consumption history and storing schedules.
- Organize comment card meetings with CDC’s for all cooks no later than the third day of the following cruise.
- Ensures that company guidelines for uniform and personal hygiene policies are followed.
- Maintains and oversees vacation schedules for the department, in close consultation with the Food & Beverage Manager.
- 5+ Years experience in supervisory position.
- 2+ Years experience in similar position.
- Cruise ship experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Preferred knowledge of cruise ship catering operation
- Thorough knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation's regulations and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of menu construction/engineering.
- Ability to conduct training sessions and demonstrations authority in front of crew.
- Ability to co-ordinate and implement work schedules according to business level.
- Fluent in interpreting and implementing company work rules.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship and in a 4/5* Hotel or Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!