The Teen Counselor is under the direction of the Youth Program Manager. The Teen Counselor is responsible for the safety, coordination, scheduling, and implementation of teen programs. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed which may include hosting events, and a rotation into the youth programs.
- Teen Counselor must be passionate about working with children and embrace the Norwegian Mission.
- With guidance from the Youth Program Manager, the Teen Counselor is responsible for creating a teen activity booklet listing all of the scheduled activities for the sailing.
- He/she must be proficient in all DJ equipment as well as light and sound equipment and have the ability to train other Teen Counselors in the usage of the equipment.
- He/she must be capable of running programs in large and small group settings while being consistent with program content.
- He/she must be comfortable speaking on a microphone and be an effective Host/Hostess with the ability to engage large groups of people of a variety of ages in a public venue.
- He/she must be comfortable with dressing up in costume and performing character roles.
- He/she must be comfortable speaking with parents regarding general ship information as well as Youth and Teen Program policies and guidelines.
- It is the responsibility of the Teen Counselor to be accessible to and approachable with guests. He/she must be a patient listener and offer hospitable service to the guests even when the situation falls outside of the Youth Programs.
- He/she is responsible for the proper storage and inventory of teen supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a combination of programming and implementing teen recreation, teen sports, and teen theatrical performance for ages 13-17 is required.
- Minimum one year experience in programming and implementing theatrical/drama related activities is required; knowledge of teen trends and activities, music, games, video games, and movies is preferred.
- One year experience with special needs programming strongly preferred.
- Intermediate verbal and writing skills in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, French or Italian is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- One year experience communicating via microphone, using/programming DJ and light/sound equipment is preferred.
- Unique hobbies are a plus: to include but are not limited to: Juggling, Theater, Gymnastics, Sports, Dance, Singing.
- STCW'S AND C1D VISA ARE REQUIRED
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (85)
- Beauty Jobs (43)
- Casino Jobs (23)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (70)
- Engine Jobs (114)
- Entertainment Jobs (146)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (354)
- Guest Services Jobs (52)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (31)
- Management Jobs (18)
- Medical Jobs (20)
- Office Jobs (46)
- Photography Jobs (29)
- Retail Jobs (31)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (15)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (19)
- Other Jobs (20)