Leading a multicultural team, the Bar Manager is responsible for the shipboard beverage operations for all bars/lounges, outlets and crew bar areas and manages the financial aspects of bar operations in order to ensure compliance with standards and procedures and optimum guest satisfaction.
- Verifies that professional and profitable beverage services are delivered in every outlet, to generate maximum sales and profits through cost control and expense reduction;
- Ensures the highest quality, delivery and storage of all bar products/items and monitors bar set up, service and presentation to ensure guest satisfaction;
- Supervises Bar team members, supporting and training them to enhance their current performance and evaluates their skills suggesting possible advancement or additional on-the-job training;
- Complies with set Company bar service standards and follows the Company Sanitation Protocols (sanitation, hygiene and personnel management).
Skills, Competencies, Experience
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- Professional School diploma from a Bar School/Bar Training Academy is an advantage;
- At least 4 years’ experience as Bar Manager and leading a team;
- Experience in the cruise industry or in 4/5 star hotels or resorts is an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of Office package;
- Knowledge of Fidelio, Micros and MMS is an advantage;
- Sound knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures;
- Experience in implementing creative and appealing strategies to generate revenue and profit;
- STCW certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is also required before starting to work on board.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (68)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (18)
- Child Care Jobs (18)
- Deck Jobs (40)
- Engine Jobs (95)
- Entertainment Jobs (113)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (468)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (5)
- Land Based Jobs (115)
- Management Jobs (28)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Office Jobs (56)
- Photography Jobs (20)
- Retail Jobs (46)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (32)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (15)
- Other Jobs (16)