British International Host/hostess
- translating the Today into the relevant language, assuring that all information is conveyed clearly and correctly translated; checking all translations of printed materials on board to assure the most adequate and effective written communication.
- being responsible for all on board Guest communication in the relevant language: travel talks, various announcements, official speeches, boat drill announcements…
- making sure that during his/her embark and disembark Travel Talks the basic information on the “cruise product” is conveyed in an efficient and adequate mode.
- being constantly informed of each and every aspect of the cruise product in all services, in order to be able to answer to Guests’ questions and curiosity.
- attending the main social and public events on the ship: the first embark and final debark of Guests, excursion disembarkations, the various cocktails, the theme parties and activities which mainly involve the international represented Guests.
- carrying out public relations with Guests in various occasions during the day or the evening in order to constantly monitor their level of satisfaction.
- giving promotional support to the Tour Department, participating directly in some excursions where his/her presence is most required. Full day or half day participation will be decided according to Guests’ needs.
- meeting Guests for any information regarding the cruise during the hours of the Hospitality Desk, being available to help them for any request.
- collaborating with the Entertainment Department in order to advise Guests publicizing the various activities according to Guests’ typology and age.
- presenting in person those recreational and cultural activities specific to his/her guests: various presentations, theme quizzes, geographic/historic mini-conferences on the ports of call.
- assisting in translation in case Guests should require medical treatments in the on board hospital and if language barrier should arise.
- taking care of the bureaucratic side of their work, keeping important documents related to the daily work in an archive which must be available for the whole season and then passed to colleagues during the handover.
- communicating to the various heads of department all and any feedback relating to Guest complaints during the cruise, and reporting any problem to the supervisor in charge for a prompt solution.
- collaborating with the revenue team so that the on board communication toward Guests promotes and enhances the various services and concessionaries, in order to ensure a positive revenue come-back.
- being among the most important and main support for the Cruise Director in On Board Revenue Management for international represented Guests. Supporting the various services through a constant communication and promotion, following the instructions given by the Cruise Director.
- representing the Cruise Director during activities in order to meet the Company’s expectations in customer care and satisfaction and correct service delivery to the international represented Guests.
- giving a constant feedback on the job to the Managers and a general commentary on the cruise to the relevant offices through the end of cruise report.
- for specific duties please refer to P2.05.02 – MAN 01 – International Host/Hostess Manual
- Excellent english knowledge
- Secondary School in Hotel Management or Tourism degree is required
- University degree in modern languages, tourism or communication is highly appreciated.
- Apprenticeship or work experience of at least one year in Hotels or in tourism industry in positions related to customer service is required
- Computer Literate, Ms Word, Excel and e-mail.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Costa Cruises is a leading Italian cruise line providing Italian style holidays for couples and families.
If you recognise yourself in the values that characterize the “Costa style”, if you left school with top grades or graduated with honours, if you think you can work well in a dynamic organization and you fluently speak a foreign language, send us your curriculum.