- Galley Jobs
- March 1, 2014
At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative fleet of twenty-one ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this could be a great opportunity to let your career set sail with us.
Royal Caribbean International currently requires Sous Chefs.
The Sous Chef manages and coordinates activities of various workstations engaged in preparing, timing, and cooking soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, including breads served in a variety of dinning venues onboard the ship. Potential candidates should have minimum six years experience cooking and preparing food in a 4 or 5 star hotel, restaurant or high volume food service facility. They should have extensive knowledge & experience in food handling procedures with regard to HAACP and public health standards.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manages the financial aspects of the assigned food operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control.
- On a daily basis, meets with the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef to review the requirements of the day's meals and timeframes for restaurant service.
- Work Closely with Chef de Partie of each work station assigned, monitors procedures and quality checks production, ensure speed and efficiency, corrects and coach.
- Trains and monitors all levels of Commis to Chef De Partie for proper skill and service. Conducts training for new recipes, portion control, cooking techniques, proper use of equipment, work place safety, deep fat fryer, USPH & HACCP, OPP protocols & knowledge, ACF culinary training and any updates/upgrades in system & procedures on board.
- Minimum six years experience cooking and preparing food in a 4 or 5 star hotel, restaurant or high volume food service facility. Written references from former employers are required.
- Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to HAACP and public health standards.
- Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of a food operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control. Demonstrated aptitude for the management of headcount within assigned area, as it relates to and supports the business needs of the vessel.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
- Housekeeping Jobs (15)
- Galley Jobs (46)
- Restaurant Jobs (18)
- Beverages Jobs (9)
- Provisions Jobs (5)
- Deck Jobs (20)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (40)
- Guest Services Jobs (10)
- Retail Jobs (7)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (14)
- Child Care Jobs (3)
- Entertainment Jobs (14)
- Photography Jobs (4)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (3)
- Medical Jobs (16)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (3)
- Casino Jobs (1)
- IT Jobs (1)
- Management Jobs (5)
- Administration Jobs (9)
- Land Based Jobs (4)
- Other Cruise Jobs (3)
- Private Estate Jobs (6)