Shipboard Financial Controller (Traveling)
The Traveling Financial Controller reports to the VP Finance & Administration, the position’s responsibilities will include effectively and efficiently managing onboard hotel operation inventory and maintaining the MXP application (both the inventory management system, as well as the point of sales system). The position will serve as the support and oversight of the shipboard Hotel Controllers and Chief Pursers.
The KPI’s for the Traveling Financial Controller include, but are not limited to, the following:
Efficient management of shipboard inventory for food, beverage, consumables, and durable items.
End of season inventory levels, volume of slow and non-moving items per vessel.
Quality and timeliness of shipboard financial reporting from all vessels to corporate Office.
Onboard cost and sales reporting and analysis.
Overall Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides direction and guidance to all shipboard Chief Pursers and Hotel Controllers. This includes training of newly hired Chief Pursers and Hotel Controllers.
• Supervise and evaluate shipboard Hotel Controllers and Chief Pursers to make sure all financial reports are received in time to meet month end closing deadlines.
• Responsible to coordinate with shipboard Human Resources team for hiring and scheduling of all Chief Pursers and Hotel Controllers.
• Responsible for all aspects of the Marine Exchange (MXP) application, provide guidance and support to shipboard MXP users.
• To create, edit, and update shipboard policies and procedures related to financial matters including inventory management.
• Monitor inventory levels on all vessels and provide relevant reporting to Senior Management. Take effective action to drive efficiencies and provide guidance to onboard management for optimal inventory usage.
• Monitor inventory of In-circulation and Owner Furnished Items (OFE) for all vessels. Provide periodic reporting to Senior Management. Set par levels for each vessel to assist in the purchasing of supplies and maintaining adequate operational quantities.
• Provide slow and non-moving item report, with tracking history, suggestions for depletion, and future usage.
• Coordinate and check month end inventory reconciliation reports from all ships to the shore side Accounting Department.
• Provide analysis of the point of sales data to the shore side management team.
• Responsible for season opening and closing activities including new ship startups.
• Conduct periodic audits of shipboard inventory, shipboard cash, and shipboard finance related procedures and policies.
• Improves financial status by analyzing shipboard results; monitoring variances and identifying trends; Resulting in recommended actions to management.
• As directed by VP Finance & Administration and Senior Management.
• Position is designated to travel to all vessels with in-between brief visits to the main office.
Background and Experience:
• Graduate Degree in Hotel Management, Accounting or Finance, Business Administration or Inventory Management.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and competent knowledge of MS office.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to multi task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and fluency in English.
• Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required.
• Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude irrespective of the circumstances. Being a problem solver and just in all situations without pride or prejudice.
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis, and resolve complex problems.
• Knowledge of MXP, Fidelio or similar cruise industry all-suite application preferred.
• Ability to interact with all levels of shipboard and shoreside Management.
• At least 5 years or more of work experience in the cruise industry, preferably in expedition ship segment.
- Accommodation Jobs (109)
- Beauty Jobs (55)
- Casino Jobs (31)
- Child Care Jobs (31)
- Deck Jobs (108)
- Engine Jobs (158)
- Entertainment Jobs (186)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (516)
- Guest Services Jobs (78)
- IT Jobs (12)
- Land Based Jobs (101)
- Management Jobs (38)
- Medical Jobs (20)
- Office Jobs (75)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (40)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (31)
- Other Jobs (21)