Assistant Inventory Officer (shipboard)
Aim of the Position
As Assistant Inventory Officer, you will play a key role by collaborating to manage thousands of items in food, furniture, linens and more
- Preparing daily food cost by checking the correct value of the daily consumptions
- Managing data entry and invoices of all food, beverage and hotel requisitions and loaded items
- Monitoring the par stock levels in the stores and reporting any excessive amounts of items or critical situations of either for excess or lack of stock to Inventory Officer, Provision Master and Department Heads
- Reporting to the Inventory Officer any non-conformity or malfunctioning in the store rooms
- Secondary school (Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or similar is appreciated)
- At least 1 year experience in accountability
- Store management
- Requisition orders
- Planning and logistics management
- Cost control
- HACCP certification
- Computer literacy
- English knowledge B2
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
- Previous shipboard experience is a plus
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?