Broadcast / Video Technician for 4* and 5* Cruise Lines
We are seeking on behalf of one of world’s biggest 4* and 5* cruise lines who have an existing fleet of ships and new builds on the way for qualified Broadcast /Video Technicians. This is a great position for anyone with a passion for working in the industry whilst travelling to some of world’s most exciting destinations and gaining valuable life and work experience.
KMCC works as a referral source for major cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Bahamas Paradise.
The Broadcast / Video Technician must be able to acquire, compress, digitize, duplicate, edit and store audio and video data for onboard production. Target and acquire satellite reception for the purpose of broadcast television. He/she must also be able to ingest and schedule digital media for playback on internal broadcast television system. Set up and/or operate audio/video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, and related electronic equipment for special events including presentations and meetings. Perform basic troubleshooting and routine maintenance of the audio/video equipment as well as in‐cabin television troubleshooting.
- Associate Degree in Video Production or equivalent work experience
- Excellent shooting and editing skills, knowledge of editing systems/programs
- Experience with Broadcast head‐end distribution, TVRO Satellite Antennas (Knowledge of satellite uplink and downlink procedures, as well as signal tracking while at sea preferred.),
- Interactive TV Systems, Digital Media and Digital Signage preferred
- Good knowledge in PC hardware & software maintenance familiar with AVID required and a variety of Adobe products such a PhotoShop, After Affects, Illustrator, Premier preferred.
- Comfortable working at heights up to 35ft (10.5m), be able to safely climb an A‐frame ladder and properly operate a Genie lift
- Able to provide forward facing guest interaction which include sales, videography, side duties and certain job related troubleshooting, with the intent to exceed guests expectations.
- Food & Accommodation
- Travel to and from the ship
- Medical centre on board – free treatment if you are unwell or hurt
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for advancement
- Ability to travel and see some amazing destinations
- Meet people and make friends from all over the world
How to apply:
When sending your up to date CV/resume please ensure you include a link (ie YouTube or Vimeo) with some examples of your work
1 Written work reference is required.
If found qualified we will get back to you as soon as possible via e-mail, SKYPE and/or text message.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (14)
- Galley Jobs (29)
- Restaurant Jobs (12)
- Beverages Jobs (8)
- Provisions Jobs (5)
- Deck Jobs (17)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (28)
- Guest Services Jobs (7)
- Retail Jobs (5)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (19)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (7)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (11)
- Medical Jobs (14)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (0)
- Management Jobs (0)
- Administration Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (2)
- Other Cruise Jobs (3)
- Private Estate Jobs (1)