Rigging Specialists and Rigging Support Staff
We are currently seeking on behalf of the world’s biggest cruise lines including Carnival and Royal Caribbean for qualified Rigging Specialists and Rigging Support Staff. This is a great position for anyone with a passion for working in theatre whilst travelling to some of world’s most exciting destinations and gaining valuable life and work experience.
Our Rigging Specialist has in addition to other requirements, a minimum of 3 years professional theatre set-up experience or equivalent including carpentry, electrician, conventional and moving light operation and basic lighting maintenance, basic sound engineering and knowledge of pyrotechnics (preferred).
Primary duties include:
- Participates in various show set-ups including audio, lighting, staging and scenery. This may also include groups and charter functions and some theme night activities.
- Ensures that all rigging-related worki is being done safely and in accordance with OSHA guidelines.
- Conducts ongoing maintenance and inspection of all related systems. Troubleshoots and repairs systems.
- Keeps accurate and current maintenance logs of all repairs and maintenance for all systems. Implement, document and ensure compliance with the AMOS rigging inspection program.
- May perform work utilizing climbing/rescue harness equipment 20-100 feet off the floor.
- Safely works with entertainer flying systems, Silks and Harness equipment.
- Working back stage and in the theater(s) and certain other entertainment venues during rehearsals and performances, as well as supporting the entertainment technical staff, group coordinator, Stage & Production Manager and certain other members of the cruise director's management team.
- 3 years professional theater set-up experiences or equivalent including carpentry, electrician, conventional and moving light operation and maintenance, basic sound engineering and pyrotechnics preferred.
- Working knowledge of theatrical rigging, maintenance and inspections including: hemp or counterweight rigging, automated systems, winch/motorized rigging, ground rigging, high steel, and rock climbing are preferred. Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain automated and manual rigging systems.
- Basic programming knowledge of PC/PLC based systems. Working knowledge of Windows NT, Word, and Excel. Familiar with current PC and PLC stage technologies and rigging operations.
- Must possess adequate inventory of personal rigging/climbing gear such as harness, assorted sizes of slings, and carabiners. Personal supply of basic hand tools, static rope, or dynamic rope is to your advantage.
- Flying (people) experience preferred
Food & Accommodation
Travel to and from the ship
Medical centre on board – free treatment if you are unwell or hurt
Opportunity for advancement
Ability to travel and see some amazing destinations
Meet people and make friends from all over the world
How to apply:
When sending your up to date CV/resume please ensure you include the various equipment you have experience with (i.e. manual or automated rigging, flying people etc)
1 Written work references is required.
If found qualified we will get back to you as soon as possible via e-mail, SKYPE and/or text message.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (106)
- Beauty Jobs (56)
- Casino Jobs (28)
- Child Care Jobs (24)
- Deck Jobs (99)
- Engine Jobs (163)
- Entertainment Jobs (188)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (488)
- Guest Services Jobs (70)
- IT Jobs (7)
- Land Based Jobs (85)
- Management Jobs (43)
- Medical Jobs (23)
- Office Jobs (60)
- Photography Jobs (26)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (30)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (26)
- Other Jobs (26)