German International Host/ess
Aim of the Position
- As International Host / Hostess, you will provide personalized customer service, language assistance and translations to our Guests, enhancing understanding and enjoyment of their exciting Costa experience
- Acting as point of reference for Guests thru public relations by removing language barriers
- Taking care of the daily cruise program to assure the correct translation of written material in the relevant language such as menus and flyers, organizes informative speeches
- Supporting the various revenue services through a constant communication and promotion to maximize revenue and Guest satisfaction
- Providing constant feedback about the most frequent requests of the nationality groups or remarks received to evaluate the cruise atmosphere
- Secondary school (Tourism or Humanities)
- At least 6 months experience in tourism (i.e. reception, tour guiding)
- Enthusiastic and good communicator
- At ease with public speaking
- Familiar with sales techniques
- Problem solving oriented
- Computer literacy
- German mother tongue
- English knowledge C1
- Other language knowledge B1
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
- Shipboard experience is a plus
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?