Health, Safety and Environmental Officer (HSE) - Cruise
We are currently working with a luxury 6 star cruise company who have active need for a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer to join their team.
As Health, Safety and Environmental Officer (HSE) you will work closely with the Captian of the ship. You will be expected to have lots of in rank experience in the luxury cruise market (Cruise ship experience is essential).
The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Officer reports directly to the Master with responsibility for oversight of and assisting with development of company occupational safety, environmental and public health policies, procedures, and systems unbar.
In addition to serving as the shipboard subject matter expert on HSE regulatory issues (including MARPOL, SOLAS, STCW, MLC, USPH and other Public Health Standards globally), the HSE Officer will serve as a support function for other shipboard departments to promote regulatory compliance on board.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Maritime Industry, minimum of 2 years of on-board experience on an ultra-luxury Cruise Ship is preferred.
- HSE Related University/College education preferred or alternative extensive experience in the HSE field.
- Must also be familiar with the following:
- AMOS Requisitioning, Inventory & Planned Maintenance system; Safety Management System and overall intent of the International Safety Management Code (ISM);
- Actual Waste Landed (AWL) procedures and records; Environmental Ops Matrix ;
- Solid & Special Waste Disposal Procedures;
- Chemical Handling & Storage Guidelines;
- Logbooks & Ship Position Checks;
- Inspections & Action Logs;
- Engine Room Environmental Operations (Discharge Valves, OWS & White Box, MSD & AWP, Bilge Management, Exhaust Gas Boilers, Gravity Tanks, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Water Balance Chemistry to be a resource for all positions involved in water treatment activities (Pools, Jacuzzis, Fountains, Cooling Water, Boiler Water, Preheat/Reheat Water, Hi-Fog Water, Potable Water)
- Intimate knowledge of Public Health regulation and preferably have participated in VSP training in the last 2 years.
- Must hold valid required STCW certification, including but not limited to:
- Excellent knowledge of computer Software, including: Windows, MS Office, AMOS, Premaster, and Fidelio.
- Must be able to speak and write in clear and concise English and be familiar with required technical terminology.
10 week on 10 week off rotations with a salary offering $80,000 per annum.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (58)
- Galley Jobs (120)
- Restaurant Jobs (46)
- Beverages Jobs (50)
- Provisions Jobs (14)
- Deck Jobs (47)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (71)
- Guest Services Jobs (33)
- Retail Jobs (22)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (7)
- Entertainment Jobs (70)
- Photography Jobs (23)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (12)
- Medical Jobs (14)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (12)
- Casino Jobs (17)
- IT Jobs (2)
- Management Jobs (9)
- Administration Jobs (19)
- Land Based Jobs (4)
- Other Cruise Jobs (11)