Technical Department Manager
Uniworld owns and operates a fleet of thirteen intimate, boutique river cruise ships on the European waterways which cater exclusively to English-speaking clients. To support our Technical Team in the Rheinfelden operations office, Switzerland, we are looking for an experienced and dedicated professional in the role of:
Technical Department Manager
As Technical Department Manager you will be in charge of the set up, monitoring, following-up and reporting of technical projects and aspects related to all Uniworld ships.
- In the beginning take over responsibility for one of the systems, (i.e. ventilation, air condition, refrigeration, sewage depending on your knowledge and experience) with the aim to expand and get to know all areas of the technical aspects of the ships
- Update/maintain MXP system with technical data concerning equipment (inventory)
- Communicate with vendors and ships in terms of purchasing, delivery and invoicing
- Control and monitor maintenance and repair claims
- Create and constantly improve our procedure of monitoring and reporting performance of on-board systems
- Perform general administrative duties for Technical Department
- Have a chance to grow in your role
- Have a Technical background (education/knowledge and at least 10 years of experience i.e. as mechanic or nautical areas)
- Have experience in a similar position and preferably know river/ocean cruise business
- Are flexible to travel on short notice
- Are an organised and proactive team player that works autonomously
- Have an analytical and process oriented thinking approach and are able to handle several tasks/projects at once
- Are a decision maker
- Have excellent organisational & strong IT (MS Office, Excel) skills
- Are able to communicate and conduct business in English and German (French and/or Dutch is an advantage)
- Are a citizen of EU / Switzerland or have a valid work permit in Switzerland
- Want to become part of The Best!
- Are a company with strong values. We are committed to our responsibilities
- Know that our employees are essential for the success of Uniworld. That is why we provide you with a competitive remuneration package and other benefits (free cruise on Uniworld ship, sport training lessons in the office etc.)
- Take your career seriously: provide on-going development opportunities and promote within the organisation
- Are looking for You!
We are looking forward to receiving your online application in English or German. It takes only a few minutes!
Learn more on our career website, Linkedin or Facebook.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (56)
- Galley Jobs (129)
- Restaurant Jobs (45)
- Beverages Jobs (51)
- Provisions Jobs (15)
- Deck Jobs (46)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (75)
- Guest Services Jobs (36)
- Retail Jobs (21)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (7)
- Entertainment Jobs (74)
- Photography Jobs (23)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (12)
- Medical Jobs (13)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (12)
- Casino Jobs (16)
- IT Jobs (2)
- Management Jobs (10)
- Administration Jobs (20)
- Land Based Jobs (8)
- Other Cruise Jobs (11)