Dive Instructor (Cruise Ship)
Dive Instructor (Cruise Ship) - $competitive per month on board + Commission
ARM is seeking candidates for Dive Instructor positions on board some of the most prestigious cruise ships travelling the world.
Whilst being engaged in coordinating the dive program onboard the vessel and islands and delivering guided tours, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Onboard the vessel, works daily shifts promoting and selling activities for the islands and various shore excursions. Provides information regarding the ports of call, shore excursions and general information regarding the vessel.
- Conducts PADI scuba diving courses consisting of classroom and pool activities, according to PADI regulations and Program guidelines.
- Receives, loads and stores shipments for the program.
- Accompanies guests on scuba diving and snorkelling excursions, within the program. Assists the tour operator and guests with equipment orientation and proper fitting of the equipment. Monitors tour operators to ensure quality controls and standards are met.
- Reports issues or problems to Shore Excursion Manager or other appropriate party.
- Prepares the Dive shop for the day’s activities. Issues snorkelling equipment to guests participating in the program.
- Promotes and sells products and services such as wave runner and kayak rentals.
- Conducts orientations to inform guests of the island facilities, the snorkelling area and the operation of the various equipment.
- Walks around the island to assist guests and provide general information.
- Responds to any type of emergency.
- Conducts guided snorkelling and or scuba diving tours in the assigned areas.
- Instructs guests of the proper use of the snorkelling equipment.
- Guides guests through the waters and identifies marine life.
- Maintains a constant awareness of the guests’ whereabouts and their safety.
- Responds to any type of emergency. Performs lifesaving procedures and CPR.
- Maintains a regular schedule to clean, service and store all snorkelling, diving and related water sports equipment.
- Conducts regular maintenance on the boats and engines.
- Builds or repairs structures related to the program such as floating docks, buoy lines, lifeguard stands, etc.
- Performs regular inventory of all equipment and supplies.
- Maintains VHF radio equipment in good working order.
- Participates in rescue training according to established procedures.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Professional Association of Diving Instructor (PADI) Open Water Scuba Instructor certification is required.
- Minimum of 50 certifications required for vessels offering PADI Scuba Instruction classes.
- CPR certification and lifesaving certification from the American Red Cross or similar certifying organization.
- Proof and possession of PADI insurance from Vicencia and Buckley of the USA.
- Previous sales experience with the ability to sell, up-sell and/or cross-sell products and services.
- Ability to apply customer service skills when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Ability to operate and perform maintenance on a variety of water and boating equipment such as boats, wave runners and kayaks, etc.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
A fitness test will be required in order to qualify for this role. Full details upon application.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world’s leading Cruise lines and become part of an outstanding multi-cultural team that continues to win awards in all categories.
Please contact us to discuss current rotations and salary levels. We are arranging interviews now so please apply as soon as possible to be considered.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
- Accommodation Jobs (120)
- Beauty Jobs (58)
- Casino Jobs (52)
- Child Care Jobs (24)
- Deck Jobs (101)
- Engine Jobs (153)
- Entertainment Jobs (180)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (487)
- Guest Services Jobs (75)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (81)
- Management Jobs (49)
- Medical Jobs (31)
- Office Jobs (61)
- Photography Jobs (25)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (30)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (28)
- Other Jobs (21)