Junior Sous Chef
At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful, and personal.
We are currently seeking experienced "Junior Sous Chefs" to join our luxury fleet. As a "Junior Sous Chef" you will manage all food preparation in crew/officer galley, ensuring that company’s high culinary standards are maintained within the established budget. You will also assist the Executive Chef in his duties as requested. Please see specific requirements below:
- Degree/Diploma from accredited culinary college or university.
- Strong command of the English language combined with good written skills.
- 3+ years experience in a 5 star + hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position.
- Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of cruise ship catering operation and food preparation for various nationalities.
- Thorough knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation procedures.
- Knowledge of USPH and other international Public Health rules and regulations, supplemented by attending the company's Basic Food Hygiene course every two years and achieving a minimum score of 80%.
- Effective planning, problem-solving and implementation skills.
- Ability to create and maintain food promotions and other activities to support crew/officer wellness.
- Ability to train and motivate a team.
- Ability to manage work schedules according to business levels.
- Ability to organize and complete work to meet deadlines.
Seabourn offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, meals, paid travel to and from the ships, exceptional amenities, and extensivelearning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Seabourn family. Seabourn Cruises is an equal opportunityemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) policies without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship and in a 4/5* Hotel or Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!