Electro-Technical / ITA-The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
JOB TITLE:Electro-Technical / Information TechnologyAssistant (ET/IT Assistant)
REPORTS TO: First Electrician, Electronic Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The ET/IT Assistant works closely with members of the Electrical Department in performing routine maintenance and repairs of onboard electronic equipment and network / communication systems. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Ensures the highest levels of safety and reliability by assisting First Electrician and Electronic Engineer in machinery, safety and electronic related duties, working in close co-operation with the Assistant Electrician
- Performs routine network, communications, navigation & safety systems repairs & maintenance, assisting the IT officer when required, thereby ensuring a seamless, comfortable and efficient experience for our guests and employees
- Keeps machinery functioning in peak condition by performing motor replacements/bearing changes and routine maintenance for machinery space equipment & elevators, assisting the First Electrician when required
- Installs new equipment and cables and assists with yacht modifications when necessary
- Stock monitoring and routine audits of electronic consumables, advising Electronic Engineer / Technical Storekeeper of quantities and any discrepancies
- Performs maintenance in accordance with the Planned Maintenance System
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Two (2) years' experience in a similar function onboard a cruise vessel
- Good command of the English Language
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (108)
- Beauty Jobs (56)
- Casino Jobs (40)
- Child Care Jobs (25)
- Deck Jobs (112)
- Engine Jobs (158)
- Entertainment Jobs (161)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (526)
- Guest Services Jobs (73)
- IT Jobs (7)
- Land Based Jobs (80)
- Management Jobs (26)
- Medical Jobs (27)
- Office Jobs (54)
- Photography Jobs (17)
- Retail Jobs (43)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (33)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (29)
- Other Jobs (31)