Cruise Division Manager
You are a highly motivated self-starter who excels working both autonomously and in a team environment with colleagues at regional and global levels. As an experienced manager within the cruise industry, you are commercially and strategically minded, able to demonstrate financial acumen and business planning. This combined with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills means you are able to obtain and maintain highly competitive prices and develop innovative and unique experiences.
You must be able to demonstrate a highly detailed understanding of the operations of the cruise industry, with the utmost competency in handling multiple ship calls throughout the region with passenger numbers ranging from expedition ships to cruise liners (60-3000 + pax).
You will be required to work efficiently and effectively with suppliers around the region including hotels via face to face meetings, email and phone communications. The role requires frequent regional travel to inspect existing product and meet with existing suppliers. You may be required to travel internationally for tradeshows, involved in the business development process and pro-actively work with colleagues and potential clients to win new accounts.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of the business at a regional management level covering budgeting and financial acumen, policy and compliance, client and supplier management, product development and innovation, system and processes design
- Oversee and managing the creativity and design of proposals from the Cruise Executives according to client requests within the required time frames
- Define the scope and operational parameters for the RFP process for suppliers including the negotiation of commercial terms and setting of SLAs and KPIs;
- Operations Management; oversee and manage shore excursions, turn arounds and pre and post programs and special events of all cruise arrivals into the region from arrival until departure
- Monitor and manage the follow up of Customer Service and Quality Control issues keeping executive management informed at all times
- Actively foreseeing and highlighting potential Customer Service and Guest Questionnaire problems and taking steps to avoid or solve them before they become an issue (of any files you are directly involved with)
- Manage the travel budget of the Cruise Department travel program, including inspection trips, FAM trips for executives within your team
- Provide advice and support to regional business operations staff and troubleshoot issues relating to use of the travel program including policy, process tools and insurance
- Collate necessary regional reporting and data analysis relevant to program usage and to support vendor selection processes.
- Overseeing and managing the quotation costing sheets of the executive team according to client requests at a commercially viable profit within the required time frames
- Pose highly proficient, detailed communication skills with clients as well as suppliers both nationally and internationally
- Oversee and assist where required with the maintenance of collateral including signage, posters, resources and libraries etc (in conjunction with the marketing and operations teams as necessary)
- Maintaining high level of industry standards, ensuring the team is adapting and re-inventing service standards according to industry demands
- Create a sense of collaboration within the region around team work; support the Group Executives within the sales teams across all departments
- When required; prepare for and giving presentations at trade shows, webinars and sales trips
- Identifying and contacting new potential clients
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Shorex Manager or Cruise Division Manager or similar role within the Cruise and Travel and Tourism Industry (preferable Inbound Tour Operator and Destination Management sectors)
- Solid experience in procurement processes, negotiations and contracting, data analysis and customer relationship management;
- Financial awareness including business acumen and profit awareness
- Experience managing a multi-supplier regional portfolio
- Demonstrated ability managing a regional travel portfolio within a Multinational Corporation with responsibility for managing a virtual team;
- Ability to effectively deliver presentations to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines while delivering high quality results;
- Strong planning and organisational skills, including the ability to work independently, prioritise activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time.
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems
- High level understanding of operational and logistical tactics
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Decisiveness, tough-mindedness and assertiveness
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and both verbal and written Communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- University Degree (or minimum 5 years Groups Management experience)
DESIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Expertise in Travel Studio or other similar travel industry software preferred but not a requirement
- Willingness to work over time, weekends and public holidays
- Flexibility to frequently travel regional and globally
- Positive attitude, motivated, well organized and ambitious
- Ability to work under pressure
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (103)
- Beauty Jobs (62)
- Casino Jobs (31)
- Child Care Jobs (29)
- Deck Jobs (94)
- Engine Jobs (139)
- Entertainment Jobs (179)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (498)
- Guest Services Jobs (76)
- IT Jobs (13)
- Land Based Jobs (87)
- Management Jobs (33)
- Medical Jobs (20)
- Office Jobs (70)
- Photography Jobs (23)
- Retail Jobs (36)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (31)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (33)
- Other Jobs (18)