Technical Storekeeper / REV OCEAN
REV OCEAN aims to improve understandiing and search for more sustainable and environmentally responsible solutions for the ocean.
The vessel is currently under construction and will commence operations in 2021.
V.Ships Leisure is proud to be supporting REV Ocean's mission as their exclusive recruitment partner.
We are currently recruiting for experienced TECHNICAL STOREKEEPER for this beautirful project
Embarkation first week of OCTOBER 2019 in NORWAY
Salary in USD/per month worked on board.
Contract 6 months +/-1
Required: experience as such, all valid STCW Certificates, good references/recommendations
The control of stock level records and requisitions for engine and deck department stores and spares.
The control of services for the engine department.
The Technical Storekeeper will work with Deck/Engine Department and Technical Hotel - their duties will include:
- Initial setup of the storerooms, stock ordering and input into Shipsure computerised system.
- Input into the development of procedures to define the process for stock procurement and receiving onboard.
- Responsible for management of the stock transactions within the guarantee process of the vessel.
- Ownership of Deck,Technical and Technical Hotel inventories and the conditions of them.
- Accountable for all spare parts and delivery of parts ordered - ensuring the parts ordered meet the requirements and technical specifications of the vessel
- Maintaining sufficient stock levels of all required spare parts and consumables, including working with Superintendents to forward plan and anticipate demand for 12 months onwards
- Maintaining stock records for critical and minimum operating stocklevels for parts and equipment in line with client policies including the delivery, storage and release to ensure commercial benefit is optimised.
- Accountable for all ordering, storage and usage of the consumables on board
- Managing conflicts between demanding personnel by ensuring that procedures for the release of stock and consumables are implemented and followed accordingly.
- Raising, controlling and closing requisitions for Deck and Engine department (when directed by Chief Engineer and/or Staff Captain).
- Keeping inventory of all spare gear and consumables of technical department and updated in ShipSure as well as filing all associated documentation
- Adopt a culture of continual process and system improvement in order to improve efficiencies and present these to Superintendents and Head of Department where suitable
- Closing items when received and entered into stock as instructed by Staff Chief, Ship Service Engineer and Chief Electrician as well as Staff Captain and Safety Officer.
- Preparing stock checks for technical stores and spares twice per month and upon request of Superintendents.
- When operationally viable, liaise with ships of same class in fleet to source spare parts as necessary before ordering to improve efficiencies within the technical spares budgets.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (125)
- Beauty Jobs (61)
- Casino Jobs (43)
- Child Care Jobs (28)
- Deck Jobs (97)
- Engine Jobs (146)
- Entertainment Jobs (186)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (505)
- Guest Services Jobs (81)
- IT Jobs (9)
- Land Based Jobs (80)
- Management Jobs (35)
- Medical Jobs (29)
- Office Jobs (62)
- Photography Jobs (19)
- Retail Jobs (39)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (28)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (28)
- Other Jobs (24)