Technical (Theatre) Staff for Royal Caribbean / Celebrity Cruises
We are currently seeking on behalf of one of world’s biggest cruise line, Royal Caribbean, for qualified Technical Stage Staff. This is a great position for anyone with a passion for working in theatre whilst travelling to some of world’s most exciting destinations and gaining valuable life and work experience.
Primary duties include:
- Working back stage and in the theater(s) and certain other entertainment venues during rehearsals and performances, as well as supporting the entertainment technical staff, group coordinator, Stage & Production Manager and certain other members of the cruise director's management team.
- This position assembles and disassembles stage equipment and props for all shows and activities.
- Reads stage layout specifications and blueprints and confers with Stage and Production Manager to determine type and location of sets, props, scenery, lighting – and sound equipment required for specific events.
- Gathers and transports props and equipment to designated areas throughout the vessel and ports of call.
- Positions lighting fixtures on and around stage area.
- Have a valid passport
- Minimum age 21 years old
- One or two years experience in the assembly and disassembly of stage equipment and props.
- Must have experience with stage productions
- Background in electrical, technical, light and sound preferred
- Ability to perform minor theatrical repair work such as carpentry and painting
- Ability to assist cast members with costume changes
- Relevant education preferred
- Food & Accommodation
- Travel to and from the ship
- Medical centre on board – free treatment if you are unwell or hurt
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for advancement
- Ability to travel and see some amazing destinations
- Meet people and make friends from all over the world
How to apply:
When sending your up to date CV/resume please ensure you include the various equipment you have experience with (i.e. lighting consoles etc) and include a recent photo of yourself.
- 1 Written work references is required (if you don't have this yet, you can send this later)
- Please confirm you have a valid passport and as of what date you would be able to start work, if hired
If found qualified we will get back to you as soon as possible via e-mail, SKYPE and/or text message.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (125)
- Beauty Jobs (61)
- Casino Jobs (43)
- Child Care Jobs (28)
- Deck Jobs (97)
- Engine Jobs (146)
- Entertainment Jobs (186)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (505)
- Guest Services Jobs (81)
- IT Jobs (9)
- Land Based Jobs (80)
- Management Jobs (35)
- Medical Jobs (29)
- Office Jobs (62)
- Photography Jobs (19)
- Retail Jobs (39)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (28)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (28)
- Other Jobs (24)