Rigger/Automation Specialist and/or Rigging support Staff (for theatre)
We are seeking on behalf of one of world’s biggest 4* and 5* cruise lines who have an existing fleet of ships and new builds on the way for qualified Rigging Specialists and Rigging Support Staff. This is a great position for anyone with a passion for working in theatre whilst travelling to some of world’s most exciting destinations and gaining valuable life and work experience.
Our Rigging Specialist has in addition to other requirements, a minimum of 3 years professional theatre set-up experience or equivalent including carpentry, electrician, conventional and moving light operation and basic lighting maintenance, basic sound engineering and knowledge of pyrotechnics (preferred).
KMCC works as a referral source for major cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Bahamas Paradise.
Primary duties include:
- Participates in various show set-ups including audio, lighting, staging and scenery. This may also include groups and charter functions and some theme night activities.
- Ensures that all rigging-related worki is being done safely and in accordance with OSHA guidelines.
- Conducts ongoing maintenance and inspection of all related systems. Troubleshoots and repairs systems.
- Keeps accurate and current maintenance logs of all repairs and maintenance for all systems. Implement, document and ensure compliance with the AMOS rigging inspection program.
- May perform work utilizing climbing/rescue harness equipment 20-100 feet off the floor.
- Safely works with entertainer flying systems, Silks and Harness equipment.
- Working back stage and in the theater(s) and certain other entertainment venues during rehearsals and performances, as well as supporting the entertainment technical staff, group coordinator, Stage & Production Manager and certain other members of the cruise director's management team.
- 3 years professional theater set-up experiences or equivalent including carpentry, electrician, conventional and moving light operation and maintenance, basic sound engineering and pyrotechnics preferred.
- Working knowledge of theatrical rigging, maintenance and inspections including: hemp or counterweight rigging, automated systems, winch/motorized rigging, ground rigging, high steel, and rock climbing are preferred. Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain automated and manual rigging systems.
- Basic programming knowledge of PC/PLC based systems. Working knowledge of Windows NT, Word, and Excel. Familiar with current PC and PLC stage technologies and rigging operations.
- Must possess adequate inventory of personal rigging/climbing gear such as harness, assorted sizes of slings, and carabiners. Personal supply of basic hand tools, static rope, or dynamic rope is to your advantage.
- Flying (people) experience preferred
Food & Accommodation
Travel to and from the ship
Medical centre on board – free treatment if you are unwell or hurt
Opportunity for advancement
Ability to travel and see some amazing destinations
Meet people and make friends from all over the world
How to apply:
When sending your up to date CV/resume please ensure you include the various equipment you have experience with (i.e. lighting consoles etc)
1 Written work references are required.
If found qualified we will get back to you as soon as possible via e-mail, SKYPE and/or text message.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (13)
- Galley Jobs (40)
- Restaurant Jobs (26)
- Beverages Jobs (14)
- Provisions Jobs (1)
- Deck Jobs (27)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (24)
- Guest Services Jobs (7)
- Retail Jobs (8)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (27)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (5)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (0)
- Medical Jobs (15)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (1)
- Management Jobs (0)
- Administration Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (1)
- Other Cruise Jobs (2)
- Private Estate Jobs (1)