Stage Technician (Entertainment)
The Stage Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance, repair and operation of live stage and backstage equipment for all shows performed in the main theatres. The technician will also perform preventive maintenance & basic repair on scenery including general carpentry, scenic painting, automation cleaning, replacement of bulbs, and other maintenance responsibilities as required.
The Stage Technician is expected to maintain inspect all equipment and to track inventory in order to ensure that all props and items are available for the shows. This person must also be available to assist other technicians whenever needed. The technician must be able to understand and react quickly to new directions in a fast-paced environment.
Perform specific backstage track during performances in theatre with the ability to change directions in a timely manner.
Inspects on a weekly basis all electrical cabling for scenic, automation, and lighting; reports any defects to the Technical Supervisor.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of theatrical productions, basic rigging, and safe rigging practices.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Audio and lighting systems, including moving lights.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of digital audio systems, moving light consoles and entertainment backstage operations, including but not limited to, Yamaha M7, Ls9 and PM 1&5D, & Martin Maxxyz consoles preferred.
- Associates Degree in Theatre Production or equivalent is required
- Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
Able to pass basic safety course.
This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
- Accommodation Jobs (105)
- Beauty Jobs (57)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (91)
- Engine Jobs (151)
- Entertainment Jobs (188)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (481)
- Guest Services Jobs (69)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (77)
- Management Jobs (37)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (61)
- Photography Jobs (27)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (25)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Other Jobs (26)