Assistant Chief Engineer / The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
JOB TITLE: Assistant Chief Engineer
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: Waste Operator, Engine, Foreman, Second Engineer
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible to the Chief Engineer for all technical operations and equipment pertaining to the Engine Room, Engine Workshop, Emergency Generator, emergency shut down systems, waste operations plant, and related auxiliaries. The Assistant Chief Engineer also functions as the deputy Safety Officer and is the supervisor of the Watchkeeping Engineer Officers and the engine ratings. Together with the Ship Services Engineer the position oversees, guides and supports technical operations and maintenance throughout the
yacht and will ensure the highest levels of cleanliness, maintenance, safety and environmental compliance are maintained at all times. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Directs the daily activities of Engine Room personnel to ensure work is completed to the highest standards of safety and environmental compliance. The Assistant Chief Engineer is the supervisor of the Engine Foreman, Watchkeeping Engineering Officers, and Waste Operators. Ensures all personnel work in accordance with ILO, MLC, STCW and other regulatory constraints, and maintains close control of budgeted
overtime. Assigns Engineering Officers to Watch
02. Holds the Engine Watchkeepers to the highest standards of ERM (Engine Resource Management) and environmental stewardship. At the discretion of the Chief Engineer, the Assistant Chief Engineer is present in the ECR during maneuvering and at other times
03. Holds daily meetings with the Chief Engineer regarding work schedules and planning of maintenance. In planning future work, fosters close cooperation and communication with Nautical and Hotel Departments to ensure guest experience and safety considerations are appropriately considered
04. Assists the Chief Engineer, representing the company in technical matters with surveyors, government officials, representatives of shipyards, repair firms, oil companies, ship chandlers etc.
05. Ensures that maintenance and repair information is updated in the Planned Maintenance System and over-sees scheduling, supervision and completion of all maintenance and repairs
06. Supervises all work which is unusually hazardous to ensure the highest standards of workplace safety, and only after taking appropriate risk mitigation measures as defined in the Safety Management System
07. Monitors departmental requisitions of supplies, spare parts and consumables and maintains close control of operational budgets
08. Oversees departmental compliance with regard to safety, security, environment and public health, as defined in the Company's Safety Management System and national and international legislation
09. Maintains the technical audit and inspection follow up program, ensuring company, class, Flag State, Port State and other inspection reports are properly and promptly followed up, and items closed out with the Ship Services Engineer
10. Responsible for the appraisal, planning, and execution of general engineering projects and modifications
11. Responsible for the following Technical Department responsibilities as defined in the Company's Safety Management System; Deputy Safety Officer, Main Propulsion Machinery, Deck Machinery, Garbage and Waste Management Equipment
12. Supports newbuild operations to include work in the shipyard as appropriate
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Chief Engineer III/2 Unlimited Motor
03. Shipboard High Voltage Training
04. Diesel Electric Propulsion Certificate of Completion
05. Three (3) years previous experience as cruise vessel Staff Chief Engineer, previous shipbuilding experience preferred
06. Excellent command of the English Language
07. Exceptional knowledge of modern luxury shipboard equipment, systems, and operations
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (109)
- Beauty Jobs (61)
- Casino Jobs (35)
- Child Care Jobs (29)
- Deck Jobs (103)
- Engine Jobs (147)
- Entertainment Jobs (182)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (512)
- Guest Services Jobs (77)
- IT Jobs (13)
- Land Based Jobs (86)
- Management Jobs (37)
- Medical Jobs (19)
- Office Jobs (71)
- Photography Jobs (23)
- Retail Jobs (37)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (33)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (32)
- Other Jobs (18)